2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke who has handbags and womens shoes is no barry Horne defensive mid. He's a square peg in round holes sort
That has nothing to do with his footballing ability. I'd rather that than him, getting wasted, on the sauce, picking fights in nightclubs or going at it with old grannies.

He was one of our best players against Spurs, Utd and the RS at the turn of the year in that Defensive mid position.

Good to see some existing disciples of Goodison's resident fashionista.

Where do we all see Davies in the current pecking order for a spot in midfield? I have him ahead of everyone bar Allan and Doucouré, but hopefully JPG stays fit this season and we start to see some competition for places between the four of them. This certainly feels like a make or break season for young Thomas.

Tom is unfortunate in a way because he doesn’t fit in with the modern day extreme view that a player must be perfect or awful and no in between.

In reality Tom is the middle ground. He’s not the best in the world, but he certainly isn’t crap by any means.

Ideal squad player for me.

Won’t happen. He will be gone inside 12 months

I think he'll be gone this or next summer.

Delph ahead of him today which tells me Benitez wanted experience (and someone to tell Keane to calm down lol )...but at the same time Davies has more energy.

I guess we'll see soon enough

That has nothing to do with his footballing ability. I'd rather that than him, getting wasted, on the sauce, picking fights in nightclubs or going at it with old grannies.

He was one of our best players against Spurs, Utd and the RS at the turn of the year in that Defensive mid position.
He's still crap though. If he is the bench mark we are doomed. The likes of Watford may be interested

I don't think Tom has ever been the benchmark mate.

Do you think in any season that Tom has been with the first team, the manager has thought;
'Yeah Tom Davies, he's the first name in my midfield'.

I reckon under Rafael he's probably 4th choice for a spot. That's about right for a team that is trying to break into the europa league.

Status
Not open for further replies.