2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pass was the right option
IMG_20211002_230404.jpg

It wasn't

Some mad and incorrect opinions on here.

If it was the right option why didn't Townsend pass it to Gray? When he was in the near exact same position.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, had he of shot and missed we would’ve been calling for him to play in Mina who was directly in front of goals.

Looking back he certainly should’ve shot and scored but I don’t want to see it used as a reason to attack Davies from those who don’t like him.

Hindsight is wonderful. It turned out to be the wrong option but it was only a fraction off being the right one. A natural striker holds their run a half yard and its onside but it was a centre half in the middle.

Its very annoying but it's such fine margins. Yes it cost 2 points ultimately but neither Davies or Mina did a whole lot wrong.

Hindsight is wonderful. It turned out to be the wrong option but it was only a fraction off being the right one. A natural striker holds their run a half yard and its onside but it was a centre half in the middle.

Its very annoying but it's such fine margins. Yes it cost 2 points ultimately but neither Davies or Mina did a whole lot wrong.
Hingsight is a fine thing but you'd expect a player with 133 Premier league appearances to cooly place this in the net. Its not asking much isn't it? considering Townsend slotted his from further out and under pressure.

It's the right option if you're 3 up or playing on Pitz with your mates. Every ex-pro I've heard today has said he's got to shoot.

Chance to win at OT + go top of the league. Any PL player has got to take responsibility to win game in that situation.

Hingsight is a fine thing but you'd expect a player with 133 Premier league appearances to cooly place this in the net. Its not asking much isn't it? considering Townsend slotted his from further out and under pressure.
Yes ideally he should smash it in the top bin but I dont think it was a terrible decision. He saw a man wide open for a tap in, but Mina just couldn't hold the run. I genuinely don't think Davies would have scored. Hes not a natural finisher.

I'll cut davies some slack on that one. I thought townsends was slighty more easier as he was running in on goal and it was all more at natural pace. Doucore pass. Bang. I can imagine time stood still for davies for a split second as he probably thought wtf am i doing here with nobody around me.
That first touch though. People mentioning fine margins. Sorry to all the you cant say anything bad about tom davies without hating him.
That first touch is the fine margin of having players who can control that and win you games.
Its not hating. Its just how it is. Davies isnt good enough if we really want to kick on.
Look at gray at leeds and brighton. Thats what we need more of.

Yes ideally he should smash it in the top bin but I dont think it was a terrible decision. He saw a man wide open for a tap in, but Mina just couldn't hold the run. I genuinely don't think Davies would have scored. Hes not a natural finisher.
Mate we're talking about a pro footballer who trains 5 times a week. If he can't finish that with aplomb then my argument is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.