2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice lad, but he's not good enough for PL + thinks he knows it deep down.

He'll look OK one week + then get the absolute runaround by some QPR journeyman.

What I don't understand is that he's never really tried to compensate for his weaknesses as PL player. He's not quick, good passer, tackler + he's just let himself drift without any real ambition to get better.

He's had plenty of pre-seasons to get his fitness + conditioning to an elite level - run further than any other player on the pitch, get physically stronger.

It's exactly what Henderson did early in career. Davies doesn't seem to be arsed.

I think he needs to be coached in a single role/position. He’s been messed around by a lot of managers position wise, I think FL could get him to play at premier level with a simple role to play.
Needs to add a bit of snide to his play also.

I mean he wasnt terrible, hes never really been terrible, just average.

As a squad player, hes fine.
He had had a mix of poor games and a few decent games. It’s easy to forget that he has generally played in a really poor midfield.

His problem is consistency. He is ok as a squad player. Since we suffer far more injuries than any other club, whether people like it or not, we do need cheap backup.

Davies will likely always fourth or fifth choice.

I think he needs to be coached in a single role/position. He’s been messed around by a lot of managers position wise, I think FL could get him to play at premier level with a simple role to play.
Needs to add a bit of snide to his play also.
He was being coached into a DM before the injury because he hasn't exceptional passing, mobility or attacking

Tom Davies along with JJK, Michael Keane, Mason Holgate, Ben Godfrey, Fabian Delph, Jerry Mina (sad but has to go), Andre Goez, DCL, Grey all need to be replaced
Are we giving up on Godfrey? He has such amazing pace but he’s not been great has he. Were Spurs rumoured to be keen, I’d move him on for a good fee

Status
Not open for further replies.