2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already seems to be benefiting from Franks coaching and the stronger players around him now.

His homegrown status is probably also a plus in Franks eye, he clearly places weight on players with local links.

He already seems to be benefiting from Franks coaching and the stronger players around him now.

His homegrown status is probably also a plus in Franks eye, he clearly places weight on players with local links.
I think he is benefitting from having better players around him as well.
Onana is an athlete and Iwobi even more so. At last we have a mobile midfield and that makes it easier for players like Tom Davies. I think you would also see Allan do much better now with the new recruits around him in a team.

….good stuff, although I disagree about Kenny. Having watched him lots coming through the ranks, what he lacked in physicality and quality he made up for in attitude but that’s not enough at this level. He’s a terrific lad but we have to move away from sentiment & Lampard would have to give him a new engine to make a difference.

The situation is fine, Patterson transitioning from Coleman and maybe leaving a slot for Stan Mills to be next cab on the rank. I first suggested Moving Mills to full back about 18months ago & it’s happened. I had Mills ahead of Kenny last season, he’s a big powerful lad with wingers quality in possession, I can see him progressing under Lampard, especially learning from the likes of Tarkowski and Coady.
Good to hear about Mills, don't know much really about the lad, but if he has his dad's work ethic/determination etc then he will fit into Lampards 'must haves' for players

He adds squad depth at a very cheap wage that we didn't have to pay for. And has been serviceable this season when he's had to play

We can't afford to pay 20 million pounds for a 6th midfielder as squad depth like the bigger sides.

So this is Tom's purpose
Exactly, he's depth and a rotation option against weaker sides when we have a midweek fixture, and at a bargain price.

If he doesn't insist on a big pay packet increase, I wouldn't have a problem with extending. Bottom of the depth chart is not where we should be committing our assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.