2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has said that though have they mate? It’s ok to acknowledge if a player has been acceptable you know but so many posters literally either have a morbid agenda or have no idea what the player is actually being asked to do. They don’t recognise the distances between him and the other players and where he has been asked to position himself with and without the ball, if he is being asked to play safe to retain possession etc? You just get people stating “he should be doing this, why hasn’t he done that?” Without once acknowledging that he just might have been asked not to… The players are either Messi or Sunday league on here, it’s comical.

You’ve got some brass neck to sign yourself off as Jesus Christ. if you are Jesus, you’ve picked a hell of a time to finally make an appearance you tardy get.

Oh i see. He's been asked to play a role that suffocates his natural game. Thanks for informing the untrained eye.

The Everton midfield over the past few seasons must be bottom in almost every stat(not a huge fan of stats either) but possession, goals, assists. We get virtually nothing. He cant even get a regular game in that. There is a reason for that. It doesnt even need explaining.

He isn't good enough. I accepted that a while ago. But to now read its all tactical.

Jesus H Christ.

The bit at the end of the game when he tried to play a ball in to the box but totally messed it up, to then try and head a ball as one of the last defenders and was robbed of it in a dangerous position as he went to ground too easily.

That just summed up his whole Everton career bar the breakthrough season. It’s crazy how much he’s regressed and there’s no sign of him getting better.

Oh i see. He's been asked to play a role that suffocates his natural game. Thanks for informing the untrained eye.

The Everton midfield over the past few seasons must be bottom in almost every stat(not a huge fan of stats either) but possession, goals, assists. We get virtually nothing. He cant even get a regular game in that. There is a reason for that. It doesnt even need explaining.

He isn't good enough. I accepted that a while ago. But to now read its all tactical.

Jesus H Christ.
Nobody has said that either have they? so no, you don’t see at all. What you’ve done is make a statement up that didn’t exist from the words in my post. I agree he’s not good enough for where Everton want to be but he played ok against Villa and yet it seems it would kill people to acknowledge it or even to try and understand what it was he was being asked to do. Good bye and good luck Gilbert.

Nobody has said that though have they mate? It’s ok to acknowledge if a player has been acceptable you know but so many posters literally either have a morbid agenda or have no idea what the player is actually being asked to do. They don’t recognise the distances between him and the other players and where he has been asked to position himself with and without the ball, if he is being asked to play safe to retain possession etc? You just get people stating “he should be doing this, why hasn’t he done that?” Without once acknowledging that he just might have been asked not to… The players are either Messi or Sunday league on here, it’s comical.

You’ve got some brass neck to sign yourself off as Jesus Christ. if you are Jesus, you’ve picked a hell of a time to finally make an appearance you tardy get.
He isn’t good enough for the premier league brain is far too slow if he’s pressed while receiving the ball can guarantee he loses it 9/10. His movement is ok moves about but doesn’t really want to receive the pass his spacial awareness is poor his attempt of a tackle and tracking on beundia was poor for the second goal. Then lost the ball to mcginn when pressed and Watkins could of made it 3. Clumsy tackle for his yellow his bicycle kick attempt was awful I don’t want to see him play anymore he’s so bad how anyone thinks he had a decent game Saturday is beyond me.

He isn’t good enough for the premier league brain is far too slow if he’s pressed while receiving the ball can guarantee he loses it 9/10. His movement is ok moves about but doesn’t really want to receive the pass his spacial awareness is poor his attempt of a tackle and tracking on beundia was poor for the second goal. Then lost the ball to mcginn when pressed and Watkins could of made it 3. Clumsy tackle for his yellow his bicycle kick attempt was awful I don’t want to see him play anymore he’s so bad how anyone thinks he had a decent game Saturday is beyond me.
loses the ball 9/10 times eh? You can GUARANTEE it? Can I see those stats or have you just made that up, I think we both know the answer to that.
Wow, if there is one thing he doesnt do it’s hide. Blinkered.

loses the ball 9/10 times eh? You can GUARANTEE it? Can I see those stats or have you just made that up, I think we both know the answer to that.
Wow, if there is one thing he doesnt do it’s hide. Blinkered.
Maybe that’s an exaggeration, he’s absolute gash regardless of stats how did he do ok Saturday? Can you point me in the direction in which passages of play he did ok in? I thought he was really poor.

Nobody has said that either have they? so no, you don’t see at all. What you’ve done is make a statement up that didn’t exist from the words in my post. I agree he’s not good enough for where Everton want to be but he played ok against Villa and yet it seems it would kill people to acknowledge it or even to try and understand what it was he was being asked to do. Good bye and good luck Gilbert.

But you explained what you thought. Thats why i replied.
I'm gona bail out of this plane though. Partly through astonishment. But mainly because i'm running out of jesus christs.

You have a good day mate.

It’s a strange one with him. Sometimes he looks good on the ball.

But when it comes down to the real nitty gritty stuff he folds like a pack of cards. I genuinely have no idea how he’s managed to stay in this squad for so long.

He seems to just float in the background and get away with it

Year after year, manager after manager has picked him to play. None have tried to move him on. Some managers even had him as captain.

Haters are going to hate but come on, are all those managers so wrong?

Still my favourite Everton player.

Status
Not open for further replies.