Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he gets loads of criticism, rightly so at times. He's not great at going forward but he is a good ol fashioned right back, able to put in a strong well time tackle.

More importantly, he has been a loyal servant to the blues, that's the main reason I would love him to score!

When that chance came across the box to him I thought, this is it, the French police have foreseen it! RIOT TIME...

and then it was blocked. :(

I really want him to score, I just hope it is an important one IF it comes along.

May I suggest a 93rd minute winner in the Goodison derby after we've come back from trailing three-nil ??

He played well last night and looks far fitte, but that was a team playing the DM way last night , and it suited him!

Interesting you should say that, I think the opposite. Martinez sides always have a short pass option and this suits Hibbo really well. He can trap the ball, look up and give it to a better passer, rather than try long down the channels passes that he was, to be fair, very poor at. He used to look awful trying to give it to midfield cloggers like Neville and Heitinga - now he has McCarthy and Barry, or Besic, as his short options.

Tony is a decent player and I still feel has actually improved under Martinez

The ball broke to Hibbert last night in their box, and even the Lille fans shouted shoot. Admit it, you all had stars in your eyes as you willed it in.

The ball broke to Hibbert last night in their box, and even the Lille fans shouted shoot. Admit it, you all had stars in your eyes as you willed it in.
I had a thousand things flash through my mind that second hibbo was clear and about to pull the trigger. The main one was that this was a dream scenario 10k evertonians away and tony gets the winning goal, fans on the pitch riot police oh mon dieu

When fit, and given gametime - Hibbo has always been a great defender. Puts in an average cross as well. I understand why people don't like him playing, but to me that is purely because the guy ahead off him on the teamsheet, is one of the best right backs in the world.

Hibbo has never been, nor will never be as good, or as complete a footballer as Seamus - but we have to realise that having two Seamus Colemans on the team, just isn't likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back