Top summer Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffee_boy_andy

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I know he's been injured all year, but now he's back and Fulham are looking dead and buried, I reckon Jimmy Bullard would be a quality addition to the squad. No doubts we'd face a fight to get him though. Hopefully we'll get that american midfielder aswel, and Pienaar is a must, which may mean waving goodbye to manny

Bullard's quality. Potentially another Jagielka! (never thought I'd be saying that meaning it in a good way about 3 months ago). What are your thoughts on Fernandes? Worth 10 mil?

Ye but he's 29 turning 30. no point imo. Hes a good player but would he gat a start? an how much would he cost?

Think moyes will look for younger players that him.

I think Micheal Bradley is that american midfielder your talking about. He is only 21 and his already a superb player in the dutch league. David moyes will unlock his potential and I hope we pick him up for a decent price.

Zabaleta, Argentine RB, plays for Español. Shouldn't cost too much and would defo be an improvement in that area. With the added bonus that his name rhymes with Arteta. Sort of reminds me of that Stevens/Steven thang
Piennar is a no brainer
Manny, have to wait and see.

steven pienaar isn't ours yet is he, that's without a doubt our top target.

i don't really care who we add to our squad, top priority should be making sure our current players are satisfied here. our success this season is bound to inflate some egos and many fringe players may feel they're worthy of first team football elsewhere, or worse, may decide to instead sit on a big 4 team's bench for a high salary.

we need new contracts where necessary, and high enough salaries to ensure every player is satisfied. after that, I don't think there's going to be that much money left for new transfers, and i don't believe at all that new players are worth sacrificing the ones that have worked so hard to get us to europe and ensure our success there.

if there is some money left, we should probably start looking into a replacement centre defensive midfielder for carsley.

I think were entering a different level, and although Bullard is a decent player, and would fit into our team ethic well, we need to look at players of real class. I dont think Fernandes is worth anywhere near the money wanted, i suggested that in the summer too.

Glen Johnson didn't look half bad for Portsmouth today at right back.

Looked good going forward bill, but got skinned a few times by s at the back, hes definitley got the ability but needs good coaching.
I liked the look of Diara.

Personally id go for

Stearman
Ryan Taylor
Gonzalez (Porto)
Downing
Barton
Kightley

Last edited:
DM will already know his targets but i'd drink a tramps sick if Bullard is one of them, we need quality now, not so much quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back