Top Three Everton Goals you’ve seen live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £80m
Fed up of refreshing the Everton manager thread or discussing how rubbish we are. What are the top 3 Everton goals you’ve seen in the flesh and why? They don’t have to be best for quality, could be the crowd reaction or significance of the goal etc.

3. Osman v Larissa: pure class from start to finish, was sat right behind the shot as well and knew it was in soon as it left his boot.

2. Jagielka v Liverpool: was right at the top of the Anfield road end and he’d tried a similar shot moments before. One of those where everyone looked at each other like ‘did that just go in?’. 40,000 deluded beauts piped down simultaneously.

1. Arteta v Fiorentina: Never heard Goodison like that moment before. Hairs on the neck. Class player, class moment. Genuinely thought we were going to win the thing when he stroked that in.

3. Beckford v Chelsea (h) Length of the pitch run with the finish to match

2. Barkley v Newcastle (a) Same as above but just the way he glides past men almost like Zidane is so satisfying to watch

1. McFadden v Charlton (h) A tremendous piece of skill, as well as the context of it being a last minute winner

..I always struggle with this type of question, much depends on the importance of the game.

Alan Ball’s winner in his first Derby.

Andy Gray’s FA Cup Final goal because it realised a first FA Cup win in a long time.

Trevor Steven’s goal in the midweek game at Spurs because it opened up the 1985 title win.

2. Barkley v Newcastle (a) Same as above but just the way he glides past men almost like Zidane is so satisfying to watch

1. McFadden v Charlton (h) A tremendous piece of skill, as well as the context of it being a last minute winner

The day I thought Barkley would become world class

Now look at the mess he is

Billy and Rodwells goals from the 3-1 home game v utd in 2010 and probably Saha's FA cup final strike.

I've seen about 20 odd games and I haven't seen us score a lot of goals never mind great ones... (n)

Some good shouts so far, so I'll look to some earlier stuff -

1. Derek Temple with his speed, breaking away and placing the shot past Springett to win the FA Cup Final 1966, when the FA Cup was a huge event.
2. FA Cup again, semi final 1968 - Johnny Morrissey slotting a pen into the Stretford End goal, and in the process knocking Leeds United out, when Leeds were a formidable team; followed by a pitch invasion!
3. Joe Royle away to Sunderland in January 1969 (68/69) in the league. 'Mogsy' nutmegged Cecil Irwin, left him for dead and then supplied a sublime pin point centre for the in running Joe Royle to power a header into the net. A goal that's memorable because I was surrounded by Sunderland fans who ripped the p*** out of Cecil for his inept performance.

That McFadden goal never got the praise it deserved. An outrageous goal that would be getting talked about like Bergkamps v Newcastle if it had been done by a Suarez or Rooney.

Blimey what a tough one.
I started at the beginning and came up with
Mike Trebilcock x2
Derek Temple

Wembley 66

Status
Not open for further replies.