Transfer deadline aftermath - view and reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonably pleased. We got a new right back and a new right mid, which we needed.

Just a shame we never picked up a Centre mid who can pass.

I'm pretty happy FWIW. I'd have liked to see another player join up, but I think we've added some depth to this team which'll be desperately needed. Having a week off to help get the players get acclimated won't hurt either.

Naive but I'm still hoping another one is confirmed.

BBC
1734: The one rumour that is persisting is the Steven Defour to Everton transfer. We're also awaiting confirmation of Richard Dunne's switch from Manchester City to Aston Villa for about £6m.

I mean, Dunnes hasn't yet either.

The fact that Neville, Cahill and Fellaini will be our central three for the majority of the season really is depressing.

Arteta hasn't even started full training yet and he'll take a while to get back to a good fitness level.

Not really, mate.

Three fees of £5.7m, £10m and £6m = £21.7m.

We sold Joleon for £22m, and owed Wolves circa £2m of that.

That means the club has spent £1.7m + the Lescott money.

Add to that the money that is now going on extra wages to high end players, arrangement fees and agents' fees and we see the club is spending much more.

The Lescott money is all gone, every last penny.

All the other money you talk about will be used to run the club. Lescott's sale was essentially a godsend.

Lescott fee is the disputed amount here. I thought he went for 24m.
Let's put that aside and talk about the 13m loan we acquire. Do we really need 13m more to run the club considering we have a substantial amount from cup run last year. And I'm certain we do have around 5m of budget to spend when we bid for naughton(before loan and lescott money).

I'm happy, but not extremely.

We sold Lescott and got Distin. A weakening in my eyes, but at least we got cover for 3 years until we get someone better or if Mustafi or someone else grow up to take a starting position.

We got Heidinga who can play both CD and RB. Where we needed to strengthen.

We got Bilyaletdinov who can take about any position on the midfield. We needed a new RM and Bil can push Osman out of that spot fairly easily.

So, all in all we sold Lescott to get a new RB & RM and a decent enough CD.

Lescott fee is the disputed amount here. I thought he went for 24m.
Let's put that aside and talk about the 13m loan we acquire. Do we really need 13m more to run the club considering we have a substantial amount from cup run last year. And I'm certain we do have around 5m of budget to spend when we bid for naughton(before loan and lescott money).

Well maybe that 13m loan was to service a debt? We don't know it was taken out to sign players. IN fact how do we even know it was taken out? Was it leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.