Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just be happy we might actually buy someone !!!! Lennon did a good job for us and wants to come back ... Good enough for me and would keep mcgeady out as well ...

Linked with this guy again...

Everton are looking towards Hellas Verona attacking midfielder Lazaros Christodoulopoulos

The 28 year old has previously been on trial at Liverpool andis said to be wanted by Everton manager Roberto Martinez and also PAOK Thessalonika according to the report.

The Greek international has won 25 caps for his country and has played 22 times for Verona scoring once.

The player is also being chased by Serie A sides Atalanta and Genoa.

HK's pomp lasted 3 seasons, he did nothing again after that. He was close to losing his job with us until Heath kept us in a cup tie.

I don't see the need to compare them as it was not the point I was making. My point is that sometimes you need balance and Lennon as well as giving us that also allows Coleman to get forward, as he is inexperienced and disciplined enough to know what to do.

Martinez is having a rough time, but I don't think he is being written off just yet. If we see no signs of improvement or change soon and are in trouble then we either back him or sack him, no different to the position HK was in all of those years ago, only difference being Martinez has own silverware with a lesser side. Catalan Clown was funny at first but is not really that amusing any more.

In 3 years with us Martinez has taken every single player in the squad backwards, bar McCarthy and maybe Stones - and even him I'm unconvinced by. Look at Lukaku now - a pale embarrassing shadow of the all action goal scoring machine that we saw in his loan spell because Martinez has been unable to develop and grow his game. Barry - useless just picking up a wage and guaranteed a start come what may. Barkley - the great hope is now reduced to being a player without a position due to Martinez constant meddling.

Lennon, understandably booted out of Spurs because he is not of the required standard and Evans and Cleverly (Utd rejects) aren't what we need but you can be sure the manager will do these players no favours in terms of developing them, while simultaneously sidelining prospective outlets like Deulofeu as a result.

Lennon was great last season and I think with injuries to Mirallas, McGeady and Deulofeu if he cost 2-4m it's a great buy and he will add to our squad.

However he isn't that No10 so I expect 3 more in and so help me God, they better be good and not Heitinga, Andy Van or McGeady efforts.

In 3 years with us Martinez has taken every single player in the squad backwards, bar McCarthy and maybe Stones - and even him I'm unconvinced by. Look at Lukaku now - a pale embarrassing shadow of the all action goal scoring machine that we saw in his loan spell because Martinez has been unable to develop and grow his game. Barry - useless just picking up a wage and guaranteed a start come what may. Barkley - the great hope is now reduced to being a player without a position due to Martinez constant meddling.

Lennon, understandably booted out of Spurs because he is not of the required standard and Evans and Cleverly (Utd rejects) aren't what we need but you can be sure the manager will do these players no favours in terms of developing them, while simultaneously sidelining prospective outlets like Deulofeu as a result.
This scares me because I've thought the same for a long time.

He;s not exactly wrong, like. Just about one player is 'better' than when he took over imo. McCarthy is about the same, Stones is better.

The season he took over we scored our record points total, so that is complete and utter horse crap!

Coleman was playing out of his skin, Oviedo came in and did a great job and looked great, we were good defensively and great going forward.

Then we had a bad season last season so every player comes under scrutiny. Sometimes sides get stale, players form suffer as confidence drains.

I am by no means swung and convinced on Martinez myself, but I'm sorry that is just not true.

i've never been on any other football forum but we must have the most negative fans in the world based on the GOT sample.

Our manager said himself there was nothing in evans (i know he lies a lot, but he seemed more convincing than other times), but everyone seems to keep bringing up the name just to fit in with their negativity.

oh, shaqiri's turned us down for stoke, payet turned us down for west ham. jesus, do you ever sit back and read what you wrote. Then do you actually gather together you're evidence and prove these theories? nope, because you believe everything you read on twitter from Mr. Transfer Newss.

Give it a rest lads, you're making this forum look very stupid.

I like Lennon but I think his performance last season was pretty close to his ceiling.

I wish we were able to bring in true quality players more frequently than every third season or so, but apparently we have some inexplicable financial constraints. Frustrating times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back