Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a rare thing indeed when I feel any empathy with billionaires, but does any one else think it's cool the Dynamo chairman doesn't care about money, he just wants his country's best footballer, whose been at the club since childhood, to pick the right club for his future?

Nah. I think you're right he doesn't care about money ... he cares about status. It diminishes his club if they are selling to the likes of Stoke. Like if we sell Stones to Chelsea we may riot ... but if we sold Stones to Southampton we'd turbo riot.

I agree. But will Stones make us into a Champions League squad on his current ability?.

Yes. Not him literally but the concept of growing your players is the ONLY path we have to the CL. We can't buy those players ready-made because they are too expensive and want CL football. If we establish we sell them then why get hopeful about buying prospects with the proceeds if they are sold if they are any good anyway? Our only path is keeping a young core together. We spend extra money on wages to take care of the money part and hopefully they get good enough to win enough trophies (probably Cups) they stick around. So literally Stones alone? Of course not. But Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku etc if we can keep them together? Maybe.

Unless we get a ridiculous offer in, and I'm talking 45mill plus, we should reject everything.

United bought Rio Ferdinand for 32mill ... and that was back in 2002. This is 2015 and John Stones is going to become twice the player Ferdinand ever was. He could be worth £60 mill plus after next summer with the hike in prices for English players.

60m is attainable if we want money. There are two reasons not to sell. One is my above point about, you know, wanting to keep your best players and actually win something. The other is that the price can go much higher.

Here is a nob question! Let's say that one Everton player, get sold for 50m£. Out of that amount, how much does each part get paid from this transaction? Is it the player, or the selling club that get the money? Is the money being taxed? Who end up with what?

Club gets the money but does usually (unless a transfer request was filed) pay a "loyalty" bonus. In Stones case we have to pay Barnsley too. We are also (if we sold) turning one player into at least 2, probably 3, meaning wages will come out of that money. The current bid of 30m would see us ship ~4.5m to Barnsley and probably ~3m to Stones and his agent etc.

So we're down to 22.5. New player wages come out of this pot too of course because Everton. 8m there?

14.5m left.

Easy rejection really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33977836

Everton will resist Chelsea's attempts to sign John Stones by maintaining that the England defender is not for sale.

The Toffees are refusing to comment on claims they have received and rejected a third offer of £30m from the Premier League champions for the 21-year-old.

Bids of £20m and £26m have already been rejected by Everton.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is determined to strengthen his central defence after substituting John Terry during the 3-0 loss at Manchester City.

Everton's position, voiced publicly by manager Roberto Martinez, has been unmoved and they are determined to stand firm even as reports emerge that a third bid of £30m has now been lodged.

Mourinho and Chelsea must now decide whether to make further efforts to secure Stones but it would take a major reversal in Everton's policy for any potential deal to proceed.

Not so sure what to make of this though.

Could be read a few different ways.

My first instinct is that we have a set price and aren't budging, i.e. £40m so there is no negotiating.

Then again it could be there isn't a table because we will not negotiate because he isn't for sale.

At least with Yarmolenko it will be difficult for the powers that be to claim we weren't in for him. Perhaps given the fume level of all involved that will allow them to go an extra million if that is what it takes.

Then again.....perhaps not.

Too bad they aren't talking to Kiev about Dragovic too while they are at it.

I keep seeing mentions of a bright young British talent named Stones in this thread.

How much are we buying him for? The figures quoted seem a bit above our budget.

Not so sure what to make of this though.

Could be read a few different ways.

We do have a negotiating table.

We built it in 2008 but sold it to the council to help free up transfer funds. We're now paying £5 per week to lease the table for the next 99 years. We've also got first option should we choose to buy the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back