Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A simple yes or no - did Martinez identify the need for a playmaker?

Another one - did Everton fail to sign a playmaker this window?

If the answer the above is yes and yes, Everton have messed up.

You could want to sign Messi every window, but if he's not available you don't just refuse to sign any attackers whatsoever.

I'm fighting so many fires here I can't remember the initial point.

Either way, we'll be fine.

Down to Martinez not to have prioritized a playmaker. It's down to the board to have made him decide between a CB (also desperately needed) and a playmaker.

There should have been cash for both and then some.

I really hope Stones doesn't take a nosedive (from average defensive qualities to week in, week out glaring errors) or the decision to keep him will look like the balls up of the decade.

I'd have punted him as soon as Chelsea got near £30M. That cash plus the money spent would have reinvigorated the squad with quality.

Still, most wanted him kept, so the manager of even board cant be blamed for caving into that.

Point is mate that we shouldn't have to sell Stones to get £30m to invest. We received eighty million in TV money last season. We've seen, at a huge push, fifteen million of it. Likely less than ten.

Again, it is.

OK, imagine it was a business who have account managers.

You identify you need a new manager for a new account, but that highly rated guy named John from a rival company isn't available.

So you go, "oh well, let's not get any account manager for that account."

Doesn't make sense. Players are assets. Yarmolenko would have been an identified asset, who had qualities to fill an identified role.

But if you have identified the need for that role, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. No business would do that.

Everton seemingly did, or we missed out on three or four others - which would make us incompetent.

So after identifying a business need and failing to fill it, which will impact our business model for at the very least the next six months, we're either stupid, incompetent, or both.
Fair points but we're not the only ones in this situation. Chelsea for all their wealth, put all their eggs in John Stones' basket it seems and they've ended up signing a dubious looking centre half for a couple of million.

Spurs and Arsenal fans are equally frustrated at their clubs dealings or lack of so we're not alone.

I know what other clubs have done or not done is nothing to do with us, but it is what it is and we've just got to get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back