Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when there was no such thing as defensive midfielders and attacking midfielders but just midfielders.
I.e Paul scholes, Roy Keane.
Or going further back Bryan Robson ect.
Exactly all those terms came into popular parlance when they changed the numbering system from 1-11. It's those terms I hate more than No 10.

And they were called mostly attacking midfielders, no?

What about Bracewell?
He wasn't that kind of player at all.
Not a flair player.
Sure he could pass a ball - but tackling was much more important in those days.
A great player at winning the ball back in dangerous areas and turning defence into attack.

He wasn't that kind of player at all.
Not a flair player.
Sure he could pass a ball - but tackling was much more important in those days.
A great player at winning the ball back in dangerous areas and turning defence into attack.
I remember him well and I miss him. With all those qualities he was a proper Everton midfielder. The lid could play more than a bit.

On the continent the teams best attacking midfielder always wore number 10. I think if you look at the best players over the years they will all be given the 10 shirt.

Never took off in England.

It is. You only mentioned "#10" cos that was Maradonas number.

Or is all we need is Maradona circa 86?

In other words, if Maradona wore 6, or 7, or 8, would you have talked about the #6,#7#8 role?

Doubt it.

Poor past few pages, I'd rather see jarg never going to be true rumors like the rental car one earlier than a tedious argument over position classifications

All that weapon @chicoazul fault. He started the 9 versus 10 debate.

Much better to talk about who we're after and how much for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back