Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt his contract finished next year...if so it wont be a loan.

Depends if they decide they're happy to pay his wages for a year while he sits in the reserves to make an example of him (and assuming he still refuses to go anywhere but here). I'd be surprised if they had the balls to do that though as he's been a great servant to Spurs for a very long time. So a loan isn't totally out of the question if they have no other option to get his wages off the books.

Depends if they decide they're happy to pay his wages for a year while he sits in the reserves to make an example of him (and assuming he still refuses to go anywhere but here). I'd be surprised if they had the balls to do that though as he's been a great servant to Spurs for a very long time. So a loan isn't totally out of the question if they have no other option to get his wages off the books.
Think it will be a small fee meself.

Shaqiri would be a fantastic signing, pace, strength, agility, likes a shot outside the box, carries his national team like Bale at 23 years of age, get the boy in!

If we signed Shaqiri then i think he'd end up on the wing after a while...we'd then have 5 wide players and lennon as number 6.

Id be happier punting mcgeady than signing lennon.

If shaq is loan with a view to buy then we might have enough money leftover for a tasty £3m/£4m signing of Lennon, which would be great for our squad depth.

Ic martinez signs evans on a free it would negate these others deals for me...big question mark over his defensive selections then.

Seems too good to be true but Austin, shaquri, a cb (which I still think will be Evans), duelofeu, cleverley and hopefully Lennon on loan would be an amazing window for us.

Sometimes we have to remember that the guy is only 23 and gone from Switzerland, to Bayern then Inter and perhaps hasnt been treated so well (?)...

Where could you see him playing Dave, wing or behind the striker? Seems more of a winger to me...

Apparently (hinted at by Rummenigge) he's had issues with Mancini at Inter. I also think it looked very bad that he left Stoke dangling and never getting back to them to give them an answer of whether he was prepared to play for them or not when a fee had been agreed and his own representatives had spoken to Stoke.

Doesn't sound right to me.

See Robben and Ribery though, both wingers...surely he'd be on the wing for us competing with Mirallas and Deulofeu?

That threadmark is superb haha.

As for Shaqiri, a loan with an option to buy would be brilliant.

Would definitely allow us to make a move for a quality striker to compete with Lukaku.

His attitude at Bayern was never in question, he just wasn't Good enough to brake into the first team with Robben and Ribery in front of him.

Moved to Italy for first team football and he struggled to find his form in a tosh inter side, which I think led to a Mirallas-style 'broken promises' fall out with Mancini, who as people have said has history of that.

He's not exactly a playmaker but I do think he'd solve our creativity issues. He has a knack for a killer pass, but he sometimes runs down blind alleys. But in his Basel days he was their mason creative outlet, like he still is for the Swiss. If he came to us he'd be the main man again, so to speak, and I think he'd be exactly the player we need.

Ic martinez signs evans on a free it would negate these others deals for me...big question mark over his defensive selections then.
He is never going to dislodge Stones & Jagielka from 1st choice .So anyone who comes in Mori / Evans are going to be back ups
coupled with the form of Browning & Galloway Its pretty much covered. I'm more worried about between the sticks.

If we signed Shaqiri then i think he'd end up on the wing after a while...we'd then have 5 wide players and lennon as number 6.

Id be happier punting mcgeady than signing lennon.

I really doubt he would, you've sort of answered your own point really. He'd keep him in the middle due to a lack of other options.

Sometimes we have to remember that the guy is only 23 and gone from Switzerland, to Bayern then Inter and perhaps hasnt been treated so well (?)...

Where could you see him playing Dave, wing or behind the striker? Seems more of a winger to me...
He could play any of the three positions in behind Lukaku. His flexibility would be a real asset.

I dont think his talent is in any question. After what happened with Eto'o last season, though, that'd be my greater concern.

Seems to me its:

Shaqiri loan + Austin as plan A
Halilovic + loan/cheap forward plan B.

Cant see us signing Evans...

If we signed a decent CB then next season we would just need a keeper and winger/playmaker depending on if Shaqiri plays centrally or wide.

So these 3 signings and 2 next summer is pretty much squad complete.

He is never going to dislodge Stones & Jagielka from 1st choice .So anyone who comes in Mori / Evans are going to be back ups
coupled with the form of Browning & Galloway Its pretty much covered. I'm more worried about between the sticks.

As a defender being up against Lukaku/Austin and then seeing Mirallas,Shaqiri and Deulofeu all charging at you on the counter that could be very "interesting".

With McGeady/Pienaar as backup i cant see that happening though...i think Shaqiri, Deulofeu and Mirallas should be alternating on the wings and an actual playmaker signed.

He could play any of the three positions in behind Lukaku. His flexibility would be a real asset.

I dont think his talent is in any question. After what happened with Eto'o last season, though, that'd be my greater concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back