Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile that lot over the park have some German scientist pumping all sorts into their players.
13099B4B-8779-4191-8327-9DD7282DEF91.jpeg

Turmeric, or its active ingredient, curcumin has been of interest to the scientific community for a while. It is considered to be an anti-inflammatory agent. I think the quality of the research is a bit patchy though. Really not sure what the basis is for this stuff.

Might sound wacky, but capsaicin (derived from chilli) cream was included in NICE guidelines as a recommended treatment/management strategy for osteoarthritis.

Will be interesting to see if the quality evidence emerges to back this sort of stuff up. I've a feeling we won't see any high quality RCTs of Hal's stuff anytime soon though.

I looked at a number of Tumeric products about 6 weeks ago , including this one and thought it was an expensive purchase that promises much , so Everton that. Two shots per day works out at about £120 per month ok if your on PL wages . I’ve been taking tumeric for just over a month now to help reduce the pain in my ageing knees when I go running. So far I actually think there’s been an improvement in my knees and from the research I’ve read tumeric does have benefits for some. However , as the BBC say “ other brands are available “.
Can it get Rondon to move .......... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.