UNCERTAINTY IS GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
From the O/S

Leon Osman insists uncertainty over team selection is keeping everyone at Everton sharp and on their toes.

The mercurial midfielder netted a stunning goal in the 2-0 first leg victory over SK Brann in Bergen but had to settle for a place on the bench in the return leg.

SImilarly, England international Andrew Johnson was Man of the Match in the second leg against Brann after netting two stunning goals in the 6-1 win but also had to content himself with a substitute's appearance in the side's next outing - the trip to Manchester City on Monday night.

It is a point Osman uses to underline the level of competition in the Everton squad right now.

He told evertonTV exclusively: "Even scoring a goal doesn't keep you in the team these days, as has been proved in the last couple of weeks.

"It highlights the strength we have. There are more people who missed out on Monday who are fit.

"I think everyone's fit and there are a few players really chomping at the bit to get back into the team and that is making us perform better on the pitch.

"It is going well for us on the pitch. We are winning games and looking strong.

"Even this win can't guarantee it will be the same team against Portsmouth but that is something we have come to deal with. We will move on and be positive for that game."

Isnt it great now that we have such a top squad.

Remember 5 years ago, the first 11 picked it's self. And was'nt even that good.

Well in moyes.

I used to look at the bench as a barometer of our squad and think that we were seriously lacking in talent and depth, but now we have real game changing options sat there just waiting to get on. I still think that the squad needs beefing up though, another two quality players plus maybe two or three utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back