Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton deputy chairman Keith Harris has responded to the news Alisher Usmanov would "consider" investing in the Blues.

The Russian billionaire told Bloomberg early on Tuesday that he would be "happy to help" his friend and long-time business partner Farhad Moshiri after agreeing to sell his 30% stake in Arsenal.

Super-rich Usmanov has been tipped to follow Moshiri to Goodison for a number of years but remained tied to the Gunners through his Red and White Holdings company.

However the decision to sell his stake in Arsenal - valued at £550million - to Stan Kroenke opens the door for the steel and communications magnate to invest into other clubs.

Usmanov told Bloomberg: “We are friends with Farhad Moshiri.

“If he needs the support, I am happy to help.”

Should there be a proposal or a possibility to invest in them with good potential returns, I would consider the deal."

Now Everton board member Harris has spoken about Usmanov's comments and tried to put his words into context.

He told Bloomberg that Usmanov “understands his football very well and support can come in many ways, not just financial."
Harris added: "It could also mean through advice or moral support.”

Everton deputy chairman Keith Harris has responded to the news Alisher Usmanov would "consider" investing in the Blues.

The Russian billionaire told Bloomberg early on Tuesday that he would be "happy to help" his friend and long-time business partner Farhad Moshiri after agreeing to sell his 30% stake in Arsenal.

Super-rich Usmanov has been tipped to follow Moshiri to Goodison for a number of years but remained tied to the Gunners through his Red and White Holdings company.

However the decision to sell his stake in Arsenal - valued at £550million - to Stan Kroenke opens the door for the steel and communications magnate to invest into other clubs.

Should there be a proposal or a possibility to invest in them with good potential returns, I would consider the deal."

Now Everton board member Harris has spoken about Usmanov's comments and tried to put his words into context.

He told Bloomberg that Usmanov “understands his football very well and support can come in many ways, not just financial."

source.gif

Keith Harris knows a fair bit about puppets.

I see...the old Bill Kenwright trick...'Phil Green is a friend of mine and he gives me advice'

Keep up Dave, I've already indicated that none of his family liked him because he worked to hard and they felt that they didn't get their share of the spoils, so 'according to a family member' has no credibility whatever.
They knew him better than we do.

Did Keith say that or Orville ?

They knew him better than we do.

I can only vouch for his generosity to my Roman Catholic cousin,who worked for him for many years. I think the term that was used for the family was 'leaches' In fact, when JM died they couldn't wait to sell large chunks of the business off. THe stores closed or were sold, likewise the catalogue business etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back