Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, lets just have a floating stadium in that yacht.

Plenty of room for a pitch on the stern.

pVERG9y.jpg

..but football clubs are also an ego trip for these owners. I imagine if he’s majorly involved he would at least start to be visible watching our games.

Could be like Palpatine.

He must have wanted to shout 'it's me' loads of times when he had all those Clones outside his veranda, off to battle his understudies droid army.

I would think once the stadium is under construction and we start to achieve CL football, then his ego will get the better of him. Currently our media still like to pat our heads. I expect we will look to alter that perception abroad and work inward, before tackling the kopite infested UK mouthpieces.

Indeed and the original anouncement stated exactly this. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../evertons-finch-farm-training-ground-12413265

Who knows why USM have decided to start advertising for Megafon at goodison, maybe Megafon is preparing a move into the UK mobile market? Maybe the advertising is geared towards the eastern market? In Russia people don't do the whole sky o BT subscription crap, everything is online and available and streamable live so don't think that if it is not on an official broadcast that it is not of interest to advertisers. I spend a lot of time in Russia, I am able to watch every one of our games live somewhere... and am never alone.

We are getting a hell of a lot of credibility abroad since Moshiri came in and even more so with Silva's performance this season, hopefully Usmanov is planning to move in but I think it makes more sense for him not to commit himself like he did at Arsenal, to stay free and choose where he puts his money.
Yes don't worry about Mr. Usmanov, whether he upfront alongside Mr. Moshiri or working quietly in the background I think of him as the " goose that laid the golden egg" and as long as he keeps on laying why worry, we'll prosper as a
club and so will he, long may it last.

..but football clubs are also an ego trip for these owners. I imagine if he’s majorly involved he would at least start to be visible watching our games.

This is a fair point Eggs but there is another set of circumstances that would motivate him to be in the background.

They are namely that he sees Everton, the waterfront and the city of Liverpool as a fantastic opportunity for growth/revenue. Quite early on the 3 billionaires of USM calculated which of them has the "cleanest" face (bear in mind that Skotch is barred from investing in the US) and felt Moshiri needed to be the front man. Usmanov has to forego some of the glory but in return gets to make decisions without being upheld to the sorts of transparency checks that would inevitably come. Also it's much easier for him to profit in the background.

Essentially he can profit more easily from sitting in the background and it may be a motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back