Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's in Barcelona.

DtXIGzgXgAAavlF
Finalising the Gomes deal

This is a fair point Eggs but there is another set of circumstances that would motivate him to be in the background.

They are namely that he sees Everton, the waterfront and the city of Liverpool as a fantastic opportunity for growth/revenue. Quite early on the 3 billionaires of USM calculated which of them has the "cleanest" face (bear in mind that Skotch is barred from investing in the US) and felt Moshiri needed to be the front man. Usmanov has to forego some of the glory but in return gets to make decisions without being upheld to the sorts of transparency checks that would inevitably come. Also it's much easier for him to profit in the background.

Essentially he can profit more easily from sitting in the background and it may be a motivator.
Or maybe he realises that if he Is seen to be involved then prices we are quoted for players will rise
I do agree about the clean face and the potential for profit on the Liverpool waters scheme
The stadium would be a big driver for other developement and the club ie Moshiri would be well placed with Peel and the Council to take full advantage
Currying favour with the council was in my opinion the driving force behind the council loan to part fund the stadium
Giving the council 7 m a year for nothing buys a lot of goodwill

If we do some big deals in Jan then this may answer some Q's of who is in the background
The money spent in the summer went a long way towards answering that
We were supposedly skint and looking to sell Pickford to fund transfers , according to some on here
Then we ruined the transfer window with Rico , signed Mina and Digne , paid a whack for Bernard on a free , and loan fees for Zouma and Gomes while only taking in a relative pittance
Oh and we signed country roads for the U 23s

Or maybe he realises that if he Is seen to be involved then prices we are quoted for players will rise
I do agree about the clean face and the potential for profit on the Liverpool waters scheme
The stadium would be a big driver for other developement and the club ie Moshiri would be well placed with Peel and the Council to take full advantage
Currying favour with the council was in my opinion the driving force behind the council loan to part fund the stadium
Giving the council 7 m a year for nothing buys a lot of goodwill

Yes there is probably that too but then again it could go either way and help with negotiations if his name was associated with it.

There is a lot of Russophobia within the Conservative Party today. Dingbat Johnson is like a 1 man crusade against the Russian's and he's particularly appalled at them for ending the terrorist cells in Syria! Politically for a fella associated with that regime to be acquiring funding through the government, via a council as a broker would be a really big ask. It's a story that every right wing and/or Kopite hack (there's a huge crossover there) would be digging into. This is doubly so when it's an Unesco heritage site of a major city. In these situations the truth goes out of the window somewhat if you can create a compelling narrative. So the clean face makes sense.

It's my understanding that the council funding was not really spoken about as a serious option at all. Sure brief mentions at boardroom but little more. Elstone supposedly went off message on that and dropped it in off his own accord for reasons that can be speculated at (for me to cover for his own lack of progress on the deal) and it developed a bit of a momentum of it's own. Mossier and the club never got behind it much though. I am not sure they were ever that keen on it. The difficulties it then brought look to have moved them further away.

Yes there is probably that too but then again it could go either way and help with negotiations if his name was associated with it.

There is a lot of Russophobia within the Conservative Party today. Dingbat Johnson is like a 1 man crusade against the Russian's and he's particularly appalled at them for ending the terrorist cells in Syria! Politically for a fella associated with that regime to be acquiring funding through the government, via a council as a broker would be a really big ask. It's a story that every right wing and/or Kopite hack (there's a huge crossover there) would be digging into. This is doubly so when it's an Unesco heritage site of a major city. In these situations the truth goes out of the window somewhat if you can create a compelling narrative. So the clean face makes sense.

It's my understanding that the council funding was not really spoken about as a serious option at all. Sure brief mentions at boardroom but little more. Elstone supposedly went off message on that and dropped it in off his own accord for reasons that can be speculated at (for me to cover for his own lack of progress on the deal) and it developed a bit of a momentum of it's own. Mossier and the club never got behind it much though. I am not sure they were ever that keen on it. The difficulties it then brought look to have moved them further away.

I have every confidence that it will work out.

Such a shame we dont have this bloke steering the ship.

Could you imagine him embarassing the club with expected loss comments or appointing mid table managers?

Me neither. He shown more ambition in his interview with Russian TV stating Everton are not where they should be than Moshiri has shown in near 3 years of running the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back