Utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian

The Unobstructed View
Not the Alan Harper type or the vehicle choice of your antipodean but Gas & Leccy.

Having absolute murder with Scottish Power at the moment saying we owe when we should be in credit, gone back 3 years with some Vordermanesque sums to prove them wrong but they just wont have it and are doing as much to delay me as possible.

It suits them to have a strange billing system though because if you owe over £500 then you cant switch provider.

Have to wait 8 weeks and give them every opportunity to resolve it before the Ombudsman will even look at it.

As ever- ditch the big brand names. Businesses only get big and multinational by screwing their customers for shareholder profit and bring unpleasant in the process.

Go to uswitch and have a look.

I went to 'peoples energy' and now consistently pay £24 A MONTH less than whatever top brand I previously employed to support gas and leccy. Its effectively around 22% cheaper. And they only deal with renewable energy with regards to leccy.

As ever- ditch the big brand names. Businesses only get big and multinational by screwing their customers for shareholder profit and bring unpleasant in the process.

Go to uswitch and have a look.

I went to 'peoples energy' and now consistently pay £24 A MONTH less than whatever top brand I previously employed to support gas and leccy. Its effectively around 22% cheaper. And they only deal with renewable energy with regards to leccy.

cant change as they say I owe them over £500, I should actually be in credit but it suits them to keep having me in debit to keep me with them.

They told me in july that i was £350 in debit wth an estimated reading, i then gave an actual reading which was only a couple of units different but instead of billing me the extra units it billed me in full PLUS the estimated amount increasing it to £700. In March they had me in debit by about the same amount, if the usagae is worked out for that period then I actually paid £103 more so the inital (incorrect) debit should have reduced. I've gone back to October 17 & worked it all out & as I say I should be in credit not debit, theres a difference of around £700 or £1000 depending on when they decide to update anything, it needs to be worked out farther than that though because in that october it had us about £8 in credit whereas we build up credit in the summer to cover the winter so that the direct debit stays the same (theyve just upped it from £104 to £154). Complete 'mare their system though with things not being logged etc and having to be re-explained over and over again.

Can only see it ending up at the ombudsman tbh, it affects other things though as registers as a debt and at the moment I wont pass a check to be a guarantor for my daughters house at Uni which is causing no end of grief which may result in having to pay £350 for a company to be guarantor.

Not the Alan Harper type or the vehicle choice of your antipodean but Gas & Leccy.

Having absolute murder with Scottish Power at the moment saying we owe when we should be in credit, gone back 3 years with some Vordermanesque sums to prove them wrong but they just wont have it and are doing as much to delay me as possible.

It suits them to have a strange billing system though because if you owe over £500 then you cant switch provider.

Have to wait 8 weeks and give them every opportunity to resolve it before the Ombudsman will even look at it.
I deal with Scottish power fairly often and can confirm they’re currently one of the worst, especially with dealing with a complaint. Sounds like you’re doing everything right mind you. There’s various comparison sites where you can get a cheaper deal once you switch

Can only see it ending up at the ombudsman tbh, it affects other things though as registers as a debt and at the moment I wont pass a check to be a guarantor for my daughters house at Uni which is causing no end of grief which may result in having to pay £350 for a company to be guarantor.
You sure about that? How do you know you won’t pass the check? Sounds a bit severe and different organisations have varying standards of credit checks

cant change as they say I owe them over £500, I should actually be in credit but it suits them to keep having me in debit to keep me with them.

They told me in july that i was £350 in debit wth an estimated reading, i then gave an actual reading which was only a couple of units different but instead of billing me the extra units it billed me in full PLUS the estimated amount increasing it to £700. In March they had me in debit by about the same amount, if the usagae is worked out for that period then I actually paid £103 more so the inital (incorrect) debit should have reduced. I've gone back to October 17 & worked it all out & as I say I should be in credit not debit, theres a difference of around £700 or £1000 depending on when they decide to update anything, it needs to be worked out farther than that though because in that october it had us about £8 in credit whereas we build up credit in the summer to cover the winter so that the direct debit stays the same (theyve just upped it from £104 to £154). Complete 'mare their system though with things not being logged etc and having to be re-explained over and over again.

Like I say - get big by screwing customers over.

From their point of view, they're relying 9n most customers not even noticing, some noticing but not knowing how to contest it, and a very few who in the end just get their money back with no other reprisals.

In a world of legislation to avoid discrimination, it is still abhorently permissible to discriminate on grounds of capability to fight the bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back