Van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when he has one good game and the transfer thread slags celebrates him like they’d unearthed the saviour of Everton. Then he disappeared for half a season and spent our money on luxurious cheese.

I was on the right side of history this time;

Fans can be guilty of writing players off too soon.

Also, building them up too quick.

Very early days.

He's naff but more importantly he also gave up on us in a relegation battle when he knew ten Hag was coming in at United so he didn't pick up an injury.

It did feel that way. Most of us did wonder...

Could be doing the lad a massive disservice but I don't think he'll want to risk injuries now his former manager is going to Man Utd.

... But we'll never really know. How Lampard spoke about both here could be telling;

I was on the right side of history this time;

It did feel that way. Most of us did wonder...

... But we'll never really know. How Lampard spoke about both here could be telling;

To me it just goes against everything we're doing now. Under Lampard and Thelwell we've selected transfer targets that are warriors and full of character, just don't see it with this one.

Plus we don't have much luck with the Dutch. Thankfully this isn't even a rumour.

dawson-crying.gif

For buttons, or a free loan with option to buy - maybe.

I can see why Leicester are apparently interested in him. In a decent midfield, he could move the ball well.

But when you even have Erik ten Hag giving up on him, you know he's never worth anywhere near what Man Utd paid.

No way...this being one of the main reasons...He has plenty of options here, Seamus has run from deep, Iwobi could be found (albeit he's being closely guarded) and maybe Beek can look for a one-two, Gomes totally unmarked (for what that's worth). Instead, he adjusts his body shape, to turn back and play the ball 30 yards back to Holgate, while pointing for him to find Gomes, who's free. We end up in all sorts of trouble and they make it 1-0. There is a Soton player closing in- out of shot here- but this pic proves Beek is on the front foot has plenty of time and options.

1664959945682.png

I think he's a decent player, but he isn't worth the wages he's on nor the transfer fee it would take to get him

Plus, it may not be his fault, but the injuries he had here last season also put me off

So no

Status
Not open for further replies.