• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Van der Vaart and Sneijder (Twitter Banter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordecke

Player Valuation: £35m
I thought this was funny and worth a read. :lol:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=838192&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

wesleysneijderrafavandervaart2010_275x155.jpg

Sneijder kicked off the battle with a message for Van der Vaart, who missed the first match through suspension, saying: "I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt." But Van der Vaart replied: "Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet."

Sneijder has since upped the ante, claiming: "We're gonna give you a football lesson in London." But Van der Vaart retorted: "I met your defence in Milan, it didn't look good. It was like cheese with holes in it."

Inter scored four goals in the first match and Sneijder used that fact for the next barb, joking: "I found a good goalkeeper on eBay. Shall I send you the link?" But Van der Vaart replied: "We don't need him, you won't come into our penalty area!"

Sneijder also mocked English football claiming it is all about power and athleticism not skill and technique and took the mickey out of Van der Vaart's goal from a few inches out against Everton.

He said: "In that country football is a game where you have to run as hard as you can from the one end of the pitch to the other, isn't it?... Nice goal, but even my six year old cousin would have scored this one."

And Van der Vaart responded: "These goals also count but at White Hart Lane against you guys I will score from every angle."

Last edited:
I read about this earlier. Especially like the ebay goalkeeper comment. That goal over the weekend was hilarious Gomes...thank you.

There are also dutch cheeses with holes as well
images

The would never make a reference to swiss cheese, and if they just put Leerdammer then it wouldn't be as effective. Looking forward to seeing if the Inter midfield are playing a Dairylee formation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back