Vaughan injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Copy of Moyes statement tonight concerning the horrific injury suffered by the young star at Bolton

David Moyes is still hoping striker James Vaughan will play some part in Everton's crucial end of season run in.

The teenager was stretchered off the field during the second-half of the 1-1 draw with Bolton on Easter Monday after sustaining a nasty foot injury as he attempted a shot on goal.

Blood was seen pouring from the 18-year-old's left foot as he subsequently left the Reebok Stadium pitch before being taken to hospital as a precaution.

It sparked immediate concerns as to whether any serious damage had been caused but afterwards Moyes quickly clarified there was no damage to the bone or ligaments.

He told evertonfc.com: "James has severed an artery. It is not a break but it was spurting blood out.

"The doctor has stitched him up but the foot has blown up again."

Before his early exit Vaughan bagged the Blues' equaliser that earned not only a share of the spoils but kept the team firmly in the chase for Europe.

Moyes was full of praise for his youngster and will now wait anxiously over the next 24-to-48 hours as the full extent of his problem is determined.

He added: "He done great and he is that type of lad and I just hope we are not going to lose because we cannot afford to lose any more players."

I'll be honest, I think with his age it will heal really quickly and he will miss the charlton game only.

I think he is out for the season (5 games) He has severed an artery which will cause swelling, bruising and real discomfort- how do I know?! Because I had a similar thing happen to me and it takes time to heal!

Really unfortunate because our new front line was taking shape. David who?

Yeh but mick, you got treated by the NHS and jimmy is being treated by... well not the NHS :p

I reckon he will be in the runnin for the charlton game but won't play or make the bench but will play the game after that.

If that had been a Bolton player Allardyce would have been on the rooftops complaining of dirty Everton and the ref should have given the player a red card. Bloody hypocrite.

I haven't got any money.. well actually thats a lie, I have 8 quid something in a tin upstairs, but if you mean a virtual 10 quid then ur on! :p

I haven't got any money.. well actually thats a lie, I have 8 quid something in a tin upstairs, but if you mean a virtual 10 quid then ur on! :p

No bets Rob but I suspect that Mick is right. The incident was imo an accident so much so that the BBC didn't even mention it in their report, would they if he'd played for the so called 'big four', bunch of tossers would have made it headline news on every broadcast. Does anyone know the last time any one severed an artery playing in the prem or is this another blue first.:dodgy:

The lad has been released from hospital, I understand he spent the night there hence it may have been more complicated than first thought. The biggest worry will be infection from the soil, any one remember that Preston player who lost his life through lockjaw, Derek Dooley I think his name was, just cannot take any chances. The look on AJ's kipper said it all, he nearly puked on the spot.:dodgy:

You could see the blood right through his boot, didn't look good at all. No point taking any chances with him, make sure he's totally fixed before he starts playing again

Fitness will be the key after a lay off don't look for him back at all. It may rest on BT and Faddy's shoulders now.

But looking forward to next season with a fit Anichebe & Vaughan.(y)

May make sense to revert to 4-5-1 for the tougher remaining games now. I'd rather see both Ossie and Fernandes in midfield with the 3 automatic starters against Man U, Chelsea and Portsmouth.

osman has shown he can fill in for cahill before, he is certainly tricky and occasionally capable at making the right pass to link up the play, but will oppositions simply kick him out of the game or deny him space - cahills mastery in the air is the extra facet that makes him that much more difficult to play against.

there is a reserve game, and so far as i know, fads and beatts arent involved, it appears moyes might be protecting both and have we had any official word on victors injury? the club settled the vaughan situation fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back