Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor value for money

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Total waste of space

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player or not he committed the cardinal error of criticising the manager, possibly to enginer a move. I find it evident of a lackof commitment to the club that he came out with these comments at such an important time for the squad and shows an overall lack of respect for the manager, club and his squad colleauges.

His hearts not in it its time to go. In hindsight and reflection it goes to show that perhaps transfer fees are better spent on young up and coming cchampionship players than big reputation internationals from big clubs. I certainly think we may have gotton better value had we signed etterington, koumas or commons at the time!

Last edited:
I think the problem is that his ego exponentially exceeds his ability. He expected to arrive at Everton and be an automatic starter irrespective of fitness and attitude.

Recently read Sharpy's autobiography. If you've read it, the point he makes about players like Cottee and Beagrie applies perfectly here: VDM is just not an "Everton player".

Here is a copy of the clubs statement regarding his outburst

David Moyes has made it clear injury did not prevent Andy van der Meyde figuring for Everton against Arsenal earlier this month.

The Dutch midfielder was quoted in the national press on Thursday claiming the Everton manager had misled reporters ahead of the game by saying he was sidelined by a knee injury.

Moyes has moved to clarify the situation, making it clear he never suggested van der Meyde was injured for the contest with the Gunners on March 18.

"In the wake of Andy van der Meyde's comments I think it is important that I set the record straight," he told evertonfc.com.

"Andy did not have a knee injury in the days leading up to the game against Arsenal and at no point did I suggest he had.

"I selected the squad which I believed to be right for that particular game."

van der Meyde was not included in the 16-man squad for the 1-0 victory over Arsenal. His last appearance for Everton was in the 1-0 victory over Blackburn in February.

The Dutch international has been a peripheral figure for the Blues this term, making just nine appearances for the Toffees in all competitions

I think he has played his last game for EFC, can you imagine what the other players feel towards him in the changing room:)

Considering the real lack of options in midfield, especially in wide areas he has proven a terrible waste of talent. I'm not surprised that he hasn't played in our important games because the way we play we need all players to do their bit defensively. Even players like Arteta and Osman that aren't very good defensively still put in a decent shift. VDM doesn't have the fitness to track back and you can't do that against sides who employ attacking full-backs.

It's a pity he couldn't have added the graft to his game as Arteta has because he could have been just what we needed whilst also resurrecting his own failing career.

i watched him from the park end (soon to be the LFC END - yuk!) and he was quick and did some tracking and covering.

what grinds my gears is that he doesnt get a run in the side - i know - i know - he has rarely been fit and able to be given such a chance BUT there has been an avalanche of criticism aimed at moyes because he doesnt/didnt give vic and vaughan a spell in the starting eleven.

VDM has said he misses his family, being burgled at least twice only compounds how bad he must feel due to poor fitness and injury.

i am not happy with him, but i can condemn players like nyarko and bilic much easier.

if we get the majority of our money (transfer fee) back on him then fine by me, we have suffered through 'waste of spaces' before and i guarantee we will do again.

I'm going to go against the grain here.

Even though I voted that he was a poor value for the money (which is obvious at this point), I believe that 90% of the issues were out of his control.

For whatever reason, it seemed to me that injury, fitness, or Moyes selection policy kept him from showing what he could do. The few matches he did play, you could see the class. He just get a good run going.

Unpopular as it may be, I'd actually like to see him patch things up, get healthy, and play for us.

Even though I voted that he was a poor value for the money (which is obvious at this point), I believe that 90% of the issues were out of his control.

For whatever reason, it seemed to me that injury, fitness, or Moyes selection policy kept him from showing what he could do. The few matches he did play, you could see the class. He just get a good run going.

Unpopular as it may be, I'd actually like to see him patch things up, get healthy, and play for us.[/QUOTE]

As we all would TX, i dont think his ability is questionable were i have a problem is his attitude and respect especially to his team mates at such an important time of the season! I suppose you can make the same argument for Beatie and overall he gets far more stick but hasnt come out in the press and sctahed the manager despite what could be more humiliating experiences i.e. Vic and Vaghan being ahead of him. I remeber Dunc being scathed by fans as well due to his injury problems at the latter part of his career. I think there is a distinction between injury and lack of fitness the latter being VDM problem.

I found it strange that VDM came out at the end of January and said that we wouldnt see his best untill next season (he said the same last) i mean come on there were five months of the season left. Now hes wingeing and more importantly ciritcising and breaking ranks to bitch about the manager for not picking him. He said he would not be at his best and now he expects to be picked despite this. He did the same at inter milan I smell a rat! I beleive hes fishing for a move and his comments are gamsmanship to engineer the same, i really dont think in light of this he shoud be framed as a victim. Personally if someone is not 100% committted for the time they are here i dont think they should play regardless of ability! My boss wouldnt and shouldnt give a flying [Poor language removed] if my house was burgled, or i missed my family, and my job wasnt being done.

I see naysmith has come out today to whore himself to Rangers saying he would be intrested in the move i hope these and VDM comments do not undermine squad morale, collectiveness and focus in what is an important stage of the season for us.

Last edited:

Unpopular as it may be, I'd actually like to see him patch things up, get healthy, and play for us.

TX as always I respect your opinion mate but i feel that you have not assessed the man himself. This season he has managed only 9 appearances in all games, the match he played at Peterborough was embarrassingly awful. He has squandered a God given talent prefering to break club rules for a bevy at the Albert Dock. He now openly accuses his manager of being a liar, he has not been fit in the two years he's been with us, has hardly ever completed 90 mins, even with the reserves, gobshite in my book who has not earned the respect of decent supporters like yourself. The country is littered with people who die to be paid 20k a week for doing as little as he has done, he is a disgrace who has sinned far more than he has ever been sinned against.

In view of the latest events between VDM and Moyes, IMO w are now at the point of no return. Whilst I sympathise with some of the opinions that he could have been givena fairer crack of the whip in many respects his failure has been of his own making. Look at the drinking episode!! Moyes has given him chances and apart from a few flashes has not really shone. His debut against the RS was also one of the shortest on record and who was at fault then!

Time for him and the club to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.