Victor Pereira tactics explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitor Pereira has managed in the Champions League with several clubs (I remember his famous Olympiacos team trouncing Arsenal) and he has won various leagues titles and trophies with Porto and Olympiacos. As assistant manager at Porto he actually won the UEFA Cup, or Europa League.

I like the guy, but he has no Premier League experience. To keep this squad of players in the Premier League we need an old hand, someone who is used to doing rescue jobs in the Premier League. Someone of the ilk of Big Sam. Not that I’m saying we should appoint Big Sam, but you get the idea.
An old hand manager with premier League experience got us into this position

Hi lads, just read that Victor Pereira (abbreviated to VP from this point forth) is gonna be our next manager.

As an avid follower of Portuguese football I’ve done some pods and Spaces on big sports news outlets and thought you’d want to have a break down of how VP approaches the game.

Tactically he’s rigid on a 3-4-3 with a deep lying trequardista which I expect to Tom Davies for the time being. As VP likes to build up slowly from the back a lot of the play goes through this key position and the player needs legs which is why I can’t see Allan being used for it. Doucoure will play as the false #10 in this role and VP is clear that he expects this position to stay in and around the centre circle, doing very clearly defined roles to enable the team up and down the pitch.

VP is not one for substitutes, only using substitutes in 47% of his career games as a manager. Instead he prefers full belief in the startling 11, or 12 as he calls it as he picks himself first every week and I’m not sure if you know this but he wears an armband on the touchline to show he’s the apex predator of the group.

Another key position to his philosophy is the number 9 being a robust strong players who is strong and good with his head. This player does not do much running in behind so he likes a strong static “old forward’s forward” striker for which Rondon will be selected Im sure. Also VP is not one for developing young players so this could see Gordon sold and the likes of El Ghazi and Townsend preferred. VP tried to buy Iwobi three times in his career so could see a rebirth for your man there.

I’ll update with more if anyone arsed.
Now that sounds like a plan!

Hi lads, just read that Victor Pereira (abbreviated to VP from this point forth) is gonna be our next manager.

As an avid follower of Portuguese football I’ve done some pods and Spaces on big sports news outlets and thought you’d want to have a break down of how VP approaches the game.

Tactically he’s rigid on a 3-4-3 with a deep lying trequardista which I expect to Tom Davies for the time being. As VP likes to build up slowly from the back a lot of the play goes through this key position and the player needs legs which is why I can’t see Allan being used for it. Doucoure will play as the false #10 in this role and VP is clear that he expects this position to stay in and around the centre circle, doing very clearly defined roles to enable the team up and down the pitch.

VP is not one for substitutes, only using substitutes in 47% of his career games as a manager. Instead he prefers full belief in the startling 11, or 12 as he calls it as he picks himself first every week and I’m not sure if you know this but he wears an armband on the touchline to show he’s the apex predator of the group.

Another key position to his philosophy is the number 9 being a robust strong players who is strong and good with his head. This player does not do much running in behind so he likes a strong static “old forward’s forward” striker for which Rondon will be selected Im sure. Also VP is not one for developing young players so this could see Gordon sold and the likes of El Ghazi and Townsend preferred. VP tried to buy Iwobi three times in his career so could see a rebirth for your man there.

Genuinely can't take you seriously.

What's his tactical approach to full backs?

Much appreciated.

He likes them to play a high line with the Centre halves, rarely stepping into their own half. This creates certainty with offside decisions, nobody ever is. That then reduces the opportunity for our back line to look daft by raising their arms and shouting for offside when it isn't. He likes a back 4 with lots of pace.

Great post mate, your tactical knowledge is second to none and just what we need on this site, you should try posting on the transfer thread. They will love you over there.

We’ve called Ligue 1 a farmers league since it’s basically P$G trouncing a bunch of mediocrities (has been less true recently but you understand).

Porto and Olympiacos are the same thing but to x10000 degree. Proud clubs, worthy of respect, distinguished history, fight their corner well in their CL appearances but those are inevitable since the rest of their leagues are (mostly) utter crap. To win silverware at Olympiacos takes beating some truly woeful clubs that would struggle to stay in League Two in England.

So, yeah.

That boy is misunderstood...he is going to be like a new signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.