Video - Decisions, Ref's ETC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
Thinking of doing a video like someone suggested in the match thread.

What ones can you think of?

Put one together called "Rob Styles' Greatest Hits." Might be like one of Andy Warhol's old films and take days to watch.

For me one of the big parts of watching football is the banter "was it over the line" "was it a pen" take that away and your getting towards American football .The game has done ok in it's present formi-sh for over a hundred years.Bring in too much high tec then what comes next sensors on the line to check for throw ins? lasers to check the ten yards from free kicks?

Last edited:
For me one of the big parts of watching football is the banter "was it over the line" "was it a pen" take that away and your getting towards American football .The game has done ok in it's present formish for over a hundred years.

I agree to a certain degree but there's so much money in football now that the game needs / demands professionalism at every level, not enough ex footballers are employed to get the decisions right, it's ( the fa ) full of fat [Poor language removed] who've never played the game making big and vital decisions and 75% of the time getting them wrong, football is an industry now so there's no room for mismanagement but sadly it prevails on a daily basis.

I thought of a great idea last night after a few too many sherberts.

Each player should be made to sign an agreement when signing their initial professional contract. This agreement involves them completing one year compulsary service as a referee once their playing careers are over.

This idea is possibly the tits and (more likely) the most ridiculous, unrealistic concept ever.

But I like it.

I thought of a great idea last night after a few too many sherberts.

Each player should be made to sign an agreement when signing their initial professional contract. This agreement involves them completing one year compulsary service as a referee once their playing careers are over.

This idea is possibly the tits and (more likely) the most ridiculous, unrealistic concept ever.

But I like it.

I don't see why not, most players are encouraged to study when joining clubs at an early stage in their careers and it seemingly works for them, so why not the reverse . Though i'd doubt that it could be made to compulsory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back