View From the Opposition - WBA fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like West Brom, despite the fact that you broke my heart in 1968.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Exceeding pre season expectations. Would now be disappointed if we do not get Europe. Also hopeful of a good cup run.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? You were always going to find it hard without Lakuku, but I don't think that you are relegation material. Hope you do well second half of the season.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Roberto has been a breath of fresh air. I truly believe that we had become stale under Moyes. There is now a swagger in our step for the first time in years.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Was really surprised at the Clarke sacking. Honestly don't know enough about Mel to comment. Hope he does well with you.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? It is obvious that he is not yet the finished article, but he is certainly better than we had. He is going to be a top, top player but unfortunately it will probably not be with us.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Our first team is a match for anybody. Extra bodies/competition needed particularly up front.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? The way we are picking up injuries means that it is to early to say. What I will say is that we will take the game to you, and will keep going for the 90 mins.

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? I think West Ham, Sunderland & Palace.

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Weaknesses - at present, it's genuine competition for places in some areas.
Strengths - You just can't predict where our threat will come from at present. Strong on both flanks and the obvious threat of Lakuku

10) Score predictions WBA 1 EFC 3

Hope those that are travelling have a safe journey to the West Midlands and I look forward to hearing the amazing "Allez Allez Oh" chant. :D[/QUOTE]

Hi, folks.

I'm back again for the second edition. If you could fill out the questionnaire beneath it would be appreciated. The finished article link shall be provided later on in the week.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far?

Absolutely boss, even though on the face of things it looks like more of the same it's been a long time since people felt this good about Everton. There's a belief around Everton that people haven't felt since the mid 80s

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far?

Disappointing really, West Brom shouldn't be that close to the drop but this league is so mad that it's practically a separate league between the top 10 and the bottom 10.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far?

Probably the best thing to happen to Everton in a long while. His Catalan charm and boss brown shoes have breathed life into Everton that had been sapped over the previous 20 years.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement?

Thought Clarke was a good manager to be honest but obviously isn't all that but I doubt this Mel will do better. Can't really say more than that to be honest

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you?

Great player, he provides us an extra dimension up front that gives us a focal point to attack around. His goal haul so far is a bit on the small side for what he could have too, if our midfielders weren't so greedy he could well be on like 12 or 13 by now.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening?

Striker, centre mid and maybe another winger in the mould of Mirallas who can play across the front line. Striker to cover for Lukaku with Jelavic leaving and Kone being injured, centre mid to give us the option of not playing Osman there if Barry or McCarthy can't play. Winger is very much a luxury but we could do with the extra cover and options

7) What side is RM likely to choose?

Good question that. He's probably going to go Howard, Coleman, Jagielka (C), Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku though Oviedo, Distin, Alcaraz could all well be in there barring us not adding in the week

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated?

Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Our strength is our control of the game and having the talent to punish teams given a sniff of a chance. Our weakness is that we don't feed Lukaku enough and we're a bit pedestrian when passing, we would do well to play on the break much faster than we do.

10) Score predictions

0-2 Everton

Hope those that are travelling have a safe journey to the West Midlands and I look forward to hearing the amazing "Allez Allez Oh" chant. :D

All the best mate, hope we smash you then you lot have a good season after that because West Brom shouldn't be so far down the table

Hi, folks.

I'm back again for the second edition. If you could fill out the questionnaire beneath it would be appreciated. The finished article link shall be provided later on in the week.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Great. I'm happy that Martinez's new system has been transitioned without many issues.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Below par for what I would have thought. I'm not really sure why, either.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? I'm soak with Bobby

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? I thought the sacking was unfair, but I guess I understand bringing in somebody before the January window so they can make changes.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? He is already very good and he has lots of potential to be even better. I'd love to keep him, but that is probably a fantasy.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? We need depth at CM and ST. We seem pretty set elsewhere barring injuries.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Osman, Naismith, Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Crystal Palace, Sunderland, West Ham

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Strengths: Defense, Creating Chances. Weaknesses: Finishing chances, squad depth.

10) Score predictions West Brom 0 - 1 Everton

Hope those that are travelling have a safe journey to the West Midlands and I look forward to hearing the amazing "Allez Allez Oh" chant. :D

Hope this is useful, Liam.

Hi, folks.

Although it's been utterly boss, we could be doing better which shows how well we're doing really.

Haven't really noticed them tbh.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far?

Put simply, a breath of fresh air.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement?

Didn't think he deserved to go tbh, though he was a bit negative at times.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you?

At times, world class, the rest of the time, average at best.

At least one striker with Jela gone, Kone injured and Rom likely to be gone next summer, a CM back up and maybe another winger.

Howard
Coleman Jags Stones Baines
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Osman ???????
Lukaku​

West Ham, Cardiff, Fulham

Everywhere really, except for Osman. Main weakness is depth.

10) Score predictions

1-1.

Sound.

Hi, folks.

10) Score predictions

1. Exceeded all expectations

2. Sorry mate so engrossed with our ace-ness I haven't noticed (one arrogant git me)

3. Sensational

4. Results biz mate - just the way it is - hopefully your new man does well for you boingers.

5. Stormed the place mate but now a marked man but he's a continuous threat - love him to bits.

6. Another Lukaku would be nice

7. Barcelona's

8. Palace, Utd and Liverpool lol

9. Balanced all over the park attack from anywhere, pace, skill and power just brilliant we are

10. us by 2 goals.

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Better than expected

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Thought you would have been doing better but you are still a handful
3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Incredible, Phenomenal, Exciting
4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Surprised he was sacked. Don't know much about Mel but his team outplayed us pre-season even though we won.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Awesome when on form quiet when not. Hot and Cold but he is going to be very special.
6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Up front. Another striker needed urgently.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? With our injuries mounting up I don't know.
8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Fulham, Palace, Cardiff

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Pure Brazilian football, Leon Osman and Naismith :)

10) Score predictions 2-1 to us
:D

Hope its a good match with us just doing enough

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Pretty bloody good, all things considered. Playing boss togger and winning games we'd usually draw or lose is always ace. Although those 3 draws at the start are beginning to look costly.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Pretty poor, really. Top ten finish (?) last season and then struggling this. But I guess that's what happens when you try to replace Lukaku's goals with Anichebe and Vydra

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Love the man. He's been brilliant thus far, hope it continues.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Seemed harsh considering that if West Brom had beaten Chelsea at SB, which is what should have happened, I don't think we'd be having this discussion. And I have no idea who Mel is

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Good in parts, think he needs to up his work rate at times though. Don't think we've given him enough service to be fair.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Need a new striker, desperately

7) What side is RM likely to choose? I'd imagine same as the Norwich game, but with McGeady on the bench.

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Crystal Palace, Cardiff, West Ham

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Strengths: Possession football, quick passing, great movement. Weaknesses: Not finishing teams off, not threatening enough from corners, not feeding the striker.

10) Score predictions 1-2 to Everton.

Here you go.

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Brilliant - actually look forward to going the games again

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Can't see why you'd get rid of Clarke like. You seem to have cemented your place in the Prem now and have a lot more quality than some teams I've seen this season

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? I love him.

As above. If it works out like Southampton then fair play.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Actually quite inconsistent but still the best striker we've had for a while.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Striker please. Defence is fine, maybe one more attacking mid

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Take your pick out of the centre halves. No doubt Osman will get picked too.

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Fulham, Crystal Palace, Cardiff

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? We don't lose many but need to make more of our chances

10) Score predictions. 1-1

Cheers mate

Very proud to be a blue this season. Roberto has us playing some of the best football we've seen since the 80's. Despite some quarters saying we are contenders for the top 4, I think we will ultimately finish 5th/6th, ue to not having the financial clout of Liverpool/Utd.

It's been an odd season so far for WBA, I've seen you guys a few times this season and each time you have looked very different. I think the timing of the Steve Clarke sacking was a bit odd. Having said that though, you've played some good footy at times.
Not just saying this because he's with us now but, I genuinely think you are dearly missing the edge Lukaku gave you last term.

As stated above, he's got us playing some beautiful stuff at present so am all for his appointment. Still early doors yet but his philosophy of how the game should be played is infectious.

Again, as I said above, I thought the timing of the sacking was odd. Having said that, I never really rated him as a manager anyway. Pepe Mel could be a good thing for you, he will certainly have a very different outlook on how you should play and transfer targets. It can only be a good thing.

He has been tremendous. A few sections of our fans get a bit restless if he goes a few games without scoring but overall, I'd say he's been great. He'll be world class in a few years, no doubt about that. Always got goals in him.

We 100% need a new Striker to keep Lukaku on his toes and to replace Jelavic. A new CM wouldn't go amiss either.

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Coleman, Mirallas, McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku

Sunderland, Palace, West Ham

Strengths - Keeping possession & Scoring worldies
Weaknesses - Prone to the odd school boy mistake (See Osman VS Sunderland)

10) Score predictions
2-2 A tough away fixture!

Why are you called The Baggies Liam?

Think it refers to our shorts back in the day - we were initially The Throstles.

Thank you everybody for your replies. Love Everton as a club. A traditional football club with a great fan base, you deserve your current success. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Very impressive. We are far more balanced this season, and as has been said, are playing with a swagger. We've even been winning games with players out injured. It's all very promising.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Surprisingly below par. You need to fire Anelka right off IMO.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? It's a little bit like you were having an OK dream in black and white: one where you've gone from being homeless to having a decent job that covers the bills and leaves you with a couple of quid spare for a nice meal out every couple of months, nice enough wife, that sort of thing. Then you wake up and the world is in bold, vivid colours; you turn over and Scarlett Johansson is lying next to you with some freshly made cheese on toast. And at the end of the bed are the greatest pair of brown shoes you have ever seen. A bit like that.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Clarke going only surprised me in as much as WBA never strike me as a sacking sort of club. But form-wise, it probably wasn't a huge shock. I know very little about the new man to be honest.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Excellent start - anyone that is willing to knock themselves out scoring a goal works for me. Has looked a bit tired last few weeks. Overall, pretty good I'd say.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? With Jelavic on his way and Kone out for the season, we're light up front as things stand

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Most likely Howard; Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Baines; Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Pienaar, Osman; Lukaku. Will depend on injuries and whether he wants to slot McGeady in I guess.

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Good at keeping the ball, full backs extremely dangerous going forward. And we don't need to tell you how good Lukaku is if he's on his game. We are prone to the odd moment of madness at the back on occasion, and miss too many chances.

10) Score predictions 1-2 EFC

Hope the new guy does a decent job for you starting from his second game.

Hi, folks.

Very satisfying. Excellent football allowing players to fully express themselves and play to there full potential. We go into every game now believing we should win and it's slowly rubbing off on us the fans.

I must admit I haven't seen many Albion games this season, I thought you'd be higher in the league as your a good side. I caught the win at old trafford and was impressed by a number of players as well as an excellent performance, really thought after that Sessegnon would kick on but I've hardly heard about him since...unless I'm off the mark and he's been good?

Fantastic. The guy is an absolute breath of fresh air. The whole club from top to bottom radiates positivity and the relationship with the fans has never been better. It all stems from him. He's also got us playing brilliant football and has us Evertonians really excited again. His ambition is beyond way beyond what we'd become used to under Moyes.

I felt really bad for Steve Clarke, from an outside pov I thought it was a bad call but it could work out similar to Southampton and Pochettino so I guess only time will tell. I must admit I'd never heard of Pepe Mel but football is evolving and more and more premiership clubs are looking to play much more stylish football such is the 'moment' were in with football.

Love him, unfortunately we probably wont have the funds to keep hold of him but he's a great lad and a great player. He;s had to play a lot of football due to lack of striking options which has slowed him down over the christmas period but you can always rely on him when put into a good position. Seems to be really enjoying himself here as well which is a bonus.

Well we've just brought in McGeady, a winger for either side which is a position we did need strengthening. Another striker being brought is absolutely crucial now especially with Jelavic due to leave and we'd expect it to come in this window.

Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Stones/Distin (if fit), Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku

Cardiff, Fulham, Palace

Strengths - composure on the ball and retaining possession. Were slick and dogged at times and will always go for the win. Weaknesses - Not being clinical enough with final ball/pass when in the final third

10) Score predictions
Hate playing a team when they've just got a new manager as you know he and the players are looking to impress. Especially at home. Tough one, I'll go 1-1

All the best for the rest of the season, hope you finish above the villa!

Think it refers to our shorts back in the day - we were initially The Throstles.

Thank you everybody for your replies. Love Everton as a club. A traditional football club with a great fan base, you deserve your current success. Hope you enjoy it.

Come on now mate it's because eons ago there was a bagpipe manufacturers in the area and everyone worked there - true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back