2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know why so many Blues get so wrapped up in new signing not starting as soon as they come, or going WAY OTT on initial form.

They are new to the county, new team mates, new systems / food / language. They are probably living in a hotel out of a suitcase on their own and some of you want them playing every minute and turning in MOTM performances!!
I know what you're saying, but to be fair we've signed so many absolute duds in recent years that it doesn't take much to make everyone panic that we've just found another one. Niasse, Sandro, Klaassen, Kean etc all got the 'give them a chance to settle' shouts and all turned out to be useless to us so it's understandable when people get edgy. I'm not saying Mykolenko will be anything like any of them just to be clear, just that I think everyone's a bit fraught at the moment and it doesn't take much to fear the worst.

Our boss left back had not been very boss for ages. No surprise with our team but good price for his age and hopefully the two young lads we got will work long term
In what way exactly? he got 7 PL assists last season, same as the season before but did it with less playing time...This narrative is tiresome...he has only been poor under the poor manager we had this season and that's because he wasn't allowed do the things he's good at, like set pieces, like the other day. People are now calling Dom Championship level too...we'll lose all these players for various versions of mykolenko and wonder why we are plummeting to the Championship

In what way exactly? he got 7 PL assists last season, same as the season before but did it with less playing time...This narrative is tiresome...he has only been poor under the poor manager we had this season and that's because he wasn't allowed do the things he's good at, like set pieces, like the other day. People are now calling Dom Championship level too...we'll lose all these players for various versions of mykolenko and wonder why we are plummeting to the Championship
Spot on, bravo ??

It would be immensely difficult for any player to come into this team at the moment, never mind coming in to replace a fans favourite in Digne. Needs to be given time to settle. Hopefully we can see this season through and with a proper pre-season and manager he'll be better suited next season.

I don't think he has played anything like as well as he did first twelve months and most would agree. However the team have gradually descended to rubbish so not saying entirely his fault. Stats don't really give the whole contribution do they?

I don't think he has played anything like as well as he did first twelve months and most would agree. However the team have gradually descended to rubbish so not saying entirely his fault. Stats don't really give the whole contribution do they?
Our defensive stability was just as good as previous, his returns were just as good and now he's going to tear it up at a rival club. I don't think most would agree at all if looked at objectively. We were all pleasantly suprised at how well he slotted in replacing someone as good as Baines and that may colour their perspective slightly but he has been a consistent creative force for the team up until the arrival of the dinosaur. He will be missed and is already, his corner was the difference last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.