2024/25 Vitalii Mykolenko

I actually thought he played well last season, though only when Branthwaite was installed at LCB.

I remember loads of games last season where opposition RW/Fs never had a sniff, but only when Branners was alongside him.

I feel that Myko is a decent enough LB for the EPL, just not a top 8 player. Also, I think it is a confidence thing with Myko I feel, playing with Keane alongside you, with absolutely no communication, and wondering if he is where he should be, must be a nightmare for ay LB?

Plus the war in the Ukraine has recently hit a new intensity with the Ukrainian advances and the Russian 'terror bombing' retaliation.

Then lastly, he tore his ankle ligaments against the RS in our 2-0 win, and went off at HT. That was 24.4.24, he then returned to football vs PNE in a friendly on 3.8.24... An ankle injury for any player, but especially a FB, is probably the second worst injury behind stuffing your knee.

The lad obviously from about the 70-75th minute was struggling, and any manager, in a 2-0 dominating game like yesterday, should have hooked him and either brought O'Brien on and dropped McNeil back, or put Young on in a straight swap...

Cut the lad some slack. As if ** year olds could actually play better in the EPL as it is now... 🤣🙄

My biggest issue with him is how he's never really involved in the game. So rarely he provides an option or gives the opposition anything to think about. Both of our full backs being unable to offer anything in the final third really does cripple our attacking play. Even his best games come from him being very quiet and doing the odd thing well defensively.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.