Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more that it's baffling a manager who was on the list in 2013 and was interviewed then but missed out to Martinez, and then was pushed towards us again in 2017, is on the list in 2022...

A complete journeyman manager...

Win percentages are only useful if you're comparing comparable clubs. The one club he took charge of that compares to our situation is 1860 Munich, with Kia again behind that deal, and he got them relegated when they had half a season left.

Not that baffling... The obvious answer is it's the same list.

Why though? The reasons we presumably were interested back then are probably the same. There’s something about his profile that appeals to the Everton hierarchy. He won’t have just lost that in a few years. I’d much rather we were going for a longer term target than just knee jerking at the next shiny name to appear (which Rooney would have been)
Mate, are you really surprised that people are even at this stage digging their heels in on another Everton potential manager?

Since Moyes left there has been nothing but division and obstruction thrown in the path of every appointment.

I swear to God that there's a generation of Everton fans weaned on Moyes' hoofball who still look up to him as the dad who ran out on them, and they reject all the other step dads who've enetered the house since.

It's 'kin tragic. Grown men acting like this.

It’s a lot more to do with the competency of the man making the appointment and the external drivers that are making it happen.

We are in a very very dangerous position; we have never had any contingency plan in place, we sack and scurry around looking for a replacement.

There’s no continuity at the club and that sort of run club will never end well.

I agree with every point you make.

But we moan when we rush a decision and moan when we take our time. If rumours are to be believed we’ve interviewed 3 or 4 candidates already? Lampard, Cannavaro, Pereira, Rooney etc

We can’t have it both ways?

Personally ALL the linked managers are risks are they not? There’s not one standout ‘safe’ appointment is there?

It's certainly a better choice than Bobby Brown shoes...mainly down to we know how he plays.

More experience than Lampard but then again fell off the football cliff I'm China (saying that, bigger name managers have gone over there).

I dunno.... I really don't know.

Kovac is pretty impressive, it has to be said. He could probably get a better job though.

If we hire this fella then the problems at the club are unfixable.

If the club are using super agents to hire managers rather than using their own common sense then we are doomed. It will be the agents players arriving here, being managed by the agents manager. Then the club wondering why we keep getting worse.

I'd take Alan pardew over perrera , least then you know the club have made some attempt to find the best candidate.

Hi guys! Now Benitez is gone I’m back and excited to see the positive direction the club is going in. I can’t wait for us to get a young manager who does things differently and definitely wasn’t interviewed in 2013. Let’s get the club back t-oh we’re hiring Vitor Pereira, see you in about a year

Mate, are you really surprised that people are even at this stage digging their heels in on another Everton potential manager?

Since Moyes left there has been nothing but division and obstruction thrown in the path of every appointment.

I swear to God that there's a generation of Everton fans weaned on Moyes' hoofball who still look up to him as the dad who ran out on them, and they reject all the other step dads who've enetered the house since.

It's 'kin tragic. Grown men acting like this.

The usual suspects haven’t even given him a single game yet before withdrawing their support. He’s not even in the building yet. What happened to every Everton manager getting at least a season? Now the MO seems to be to doubt the manager until proven wrong by an instant winning run.

It’s not the worst appointment this board could have made by any long chalk. He’s got experience, doesn’t suffer fools, will inject a bit of energy into the match day. He might actually want to be here as well rather than us throwing money at a manager who doesn’t really fancy it.

I agree with every point you make.

But we moan when we rush a decision and moan when we take our time. If rumours are to be believed we’ve interviewed 3 or 4 candidates already? Lampard, Cannavaro, Pereira, Rooney etc

We can’t have it both ways?

Personally ALL the linked managers are risks are they not? There’s not one standout ‘safe’ appointment is there?
Yeah they’re all definitely a risk, all goes back to the owner not having any form of footballing knowledge or continuity planning.

I think out of all the managers mentioned, he’s probably the riskiest. Very little experience in a big league, a massive journeyman.

I think the majority got into him when he traded Porto, and a bit of fanfare about him, for the Middle East.

We’re in an utter shambles, brought on by again poor managerial decisions in the summer.

Every bit of energy that the fans have left must be turned on Moshiri

His win rate at Porto is what really stood out for me in the past - nearly 70%. Seriously impressive.

Since then though, whilst he's never actually 'bombed' anywhere, he seems to have had issues getting his feet under the table elsewhere. His longest run at a club after Porto was at Shanghai in China where he won the league and Super Cup with them.

Weirdly still only 53 years old despite being a manager for about 15 years already, although in that entire time he still counts the Portuguese league as the biggest he's ever managed in...

I was listening to a twitter space last night and they had some good guests on actually. One was a portugese football journalist, but also a season ticket holder at Everton and a scouser, he had a good 16k followers on twitter or so. He explained that VP is most certainly nuts, however is quite pragmatic in terms of his approach and will not just stick to one system and try and force it upon the team, he did emphasise his fiery character though. He also explained that 1860 were in an absolute free fall of a state regarding finances and he only had 6 months there and couldn't save them basically.

Then some turkish Fenerbache fans were on and both of them said VP is a good coach but in Turkey you get ridiculed in the media for not playing a 4 man system, and he felt the team was better suited to a 3 at the back, so the media because he wasnt a turkish coach were constantly on his back. He proceeded to also mention his fiery side, but did continue to reinforce his point about how he was more hounded out of turkey and wasn't given enough time.

I am by no means an advocate of this guy, I don't think hes what we need right now, I would definitely go for Lampard over him but its important we don't just take things as face value on the basis of "oh he got 1860 relegated" there was more to it than that

But regardless, can I see this guy galavnising our squad and getting them playing football? I don't think so, we have a gang of cowards, most of which go into hiding when theyre told off, but what do I know, at the end of the day the job should be given to the best suited candidate available. Not just on the influence of a football snake like Kia Joooriicjhababan

Thats what worries me

Great insight mate. Makes me feel a little comfortable.

The Kia link does irk me but he's been on the radar for years, way before Kia had a supposed influence.

Raiola had a big influence on Brands which was open about.

It’s a lot more to do with the competency of the man making the appointment and the external drivers that are making it happen.

We are in a very very dangerous position; we have never had any contingency plan in place, we sack and scurry around looking for a replacement.

There’s no continuity at the club and that sort of run club will never end well.
What a surprise. You not backing another Everton manager.

...as sure as night follows day.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.