Wanting Success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £80m
Please calmly put your head back on, I know I said the S word and the W word in the same sentence.

Fans of yesteryear hung banners ‘Sack Catterick, Keep Young’, they jostled him in a car park, they stayed away from Goodison in their droves no less than 3 seasons after a title winning campaign. Catterick responded with a cup win, Alan Ball was brought in and one of the greatest sides in English football history was created to win the title again.

These same fans daubed ‘Kendall out’ on the walls of Bellefield, they threw cushions at the team, they would not go to Goodison, 30,000 stay at home fans couldn’t be wrong. Kendall went on to win the cup and created one of the greatest sides in English football history.

Young fans now have not seen success in any way shape or form. Trophies may as well be a myth and home derby wins can be counted on one hand, away ones on one finger. We are not jostling managers in car parks because we’re not winning trophies, we’re not staying away from Goodison (although I still think more should), and we’re not throwing stuff into the hallowed turf in disgust.

Yet look at the reaction to what little fans have done. A section of fans booed Schneiderlin: ‘embarassing, not real fans, how’s that supporting the team’, they flew a few planes against Kenwright: ‘careful what you wish for, cringeworthy, disrespectful’, they daubed Martinez out on Goodison ‘how dare they, embarassing the fans, just no patience’, they hung Martinez out banners and ones in support of Baines ‘cringeworthy, no patience, won’t wait for anything, Kopite behaviour’.

If so much as a blue flare is lit - kopite behaviour

If we get excited about a raft of new signings - Geordies

If anyone dares stand up or sing at the match even - ‘sit down’.

What happened to Everton fans? How did they go from knocking down a title winning manager to being revolted by any fan who dares do anything in the name of wanting success. Would you prefer we all sat in silence whilst Kenwright and Elstone preside over another decade of mediocrity?

Do you know what that behaviour gets you? It gets you the clip art badge, it gets you ‘expected losses’, it gets you close to a decade of no derby wins, it gets you the local paper telling you why you should be 11th. It gets you managers hired after relegation, it gets you Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams and Morgan Schneiderlin. It gets you Sam Allardyce telling you that we can’t win a game of football before we’ve even started. Is this what you want?

Don’t settle for what they feed you.

Demand better, expect better, never give up on Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Tell that old fart or that stupid bearded hipster at the match to shut their hole when they tell you to sit down, stop booing or put your banner away.

It had to start with the fans. Once we let go Elstone Kenwright et al have won. They’re almost there. Packed crowds at Goodison to watch a Sam Allardyce team after they sold all our best players and we gave up every trophy this season. It’s a disgrace. A disgrace that Everton fans of previous generations would never ever have stood for. There’s nothing embarassing about wanting success.

Demand better.

Agree 100%. Say or do anything against the players or board and it's either "embarrassing" or "kopite behaviour" (a phrase I despise).

No trophy since 1995 is embarrassing. We should demand success. Sadly, for the last 20 years the custodian of the club "being a blue" has sufficed for the majority.

Mate I agree it’s disappointing, but what would you have us do?

I’ve got a job and a Mrs and a kid. I can’t picket fence a private business for my own selfish satisfaction and get my way, just so I can lord it over others because I ‘support’ a team.

It’s crap mate I agree.

But I don’t think I can help.

I’m getting rather bored of football to be honest. It’s just not exciting.

Mate I agree it’s disappointing, but what would you have us do?

I’ve got a job and a Mrs and a kid. I can’t picket fence a private business for my own selfish satisfaction and get my way, just so I can lord it over others because I ‘support’ a team.

It’s crap mate I agree.

But I don’t think I can help.

I’m getting rather bored of football to be honest. It’s just not exciting.

People could start with something small like not clapping that fraud Schneiderlin off the pitch or god forbid booing the team at the end of a game. Here’s a revolutionary idea too. Fans could stop paying their hard earned money to a board that had no intention of delivering success. Record low attendances on the tv would soon have the suits doing something. There’s no burning platform at the moment for them to do anything. Why get in a top manager or buy top players if fans pack out stadiums home and away for Sam Allardyce and a team with no left back?

You didnt mention the utter wannabe ultra bellends who want a singing section.

And the tryhards who sing "Stand up if you love the blues", but on the main you captured the entitlement that certain sections of our fanbase contain.

The same fans who demanded the best team in England and got it now revile fans who would settle just for a derby win. Laughable hypocrisy.

Please calmly put your head back on, I know I said the S word and the W word in the same sentence.

Fans of yesteryear hung banners ‘Sack Catterick, Keep Young’, they jostled him in a car park, they stayed away from Goodison in their droves no less than 3 seasons after a title winning campaign. Catterick responded with a cup win, Alan Ball was brought in and one of the greatest sides in English football history was created to win the title again.

These same fans daubed ‘Kendall out’ on the walls of Bellefield, they threw cushions at the team, they would not go to Goodison, 30,000 stay at home fans couldn’t be wrong. Kendall went on to win the cup and created one of the greatest sides in English football history.

Young fans now have not seen success in any way shape or form. Trophies may as well be a myth and home derby wins can be counted on one hand, away ones on one finger. We are not jostling managers in car parks because we’re not winning trophies, we’re not staying away from Goodison (although I still think more should), and we’re not throwing stuff into the hallowed turf in disgust.

Yet look at the reaction to what little fans have done. A section of fans booed Schneiderlin: ‘embarassing, not real fans, how’s that supporting the team’, they flew a few planes against Kenwright: ‘careful what you wish for, cringeworthy, disrespectful’, they daubed Martinez out on Goodison ‘how dare they, embarassing the fans, just no patience’, they hung Martinez out banners and ones in support of Baines ‘cringeworthy, no patience, won’t wait for anything, Kopite behaviour’.

If so much as a blue flare is lit - kopite behaviour

If we get excited about a raft of new signings - Geordies

If anyone dares stand up or sing at the match even - ‘sit down’.

What happened to Everton fans? How did they go from knocking down a title winning manager to being revolted by any fan who dares do anything in the name of wanting success. Would you prefer we all sat in silence whilst Kenwright and Elstone preside over another decade of mediocrity?

Do you know what that behaviour gets you? It gets you the clip art badge, it gets you ‘expected losses’, it gets you close to a decade of no derby wins, it gets you the local paper telling you why you should be 11th. It gets you managers hired after relegation, it gets you Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams and Morgan Schneiderlin. It gets you Sam Allardyce telling you that we can’t win a game of football before we’ve even started. Is this what you want?

Don’t settle for what they feed you.

Demand better, expect better, never give up on Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Tell that old fart or that stupid bearded hipster at the match to shut their hole when they tell you to sit down, stop booing or put your banner away.

It had to start with the fans. Once we let go Elstone Kenwright et al have won. They’re almost there. Packed crowds at Goodison to watch a Sam Allardyce team after they sold all our best players and we gave up every trophy this season. It’s a disgrace. A disgrace that Everton fans of previous generations would never ever have stood for. There’s nothing embarassing about wanting success.

Demand better.
I would settle for progress every season.

Demanding success from the position we are in is counter productive.

You didnt mention the utter wannabe ultra bellends who want a singing section.

And the tryhards who sing "Stand up if you love the blues", but on the main you captured the entitlement that certain sections of our fanbase contain.

Entitled? No we just want to try and be the best instead of settling for 7th or a European day out.

Entitled is Liverpool, we are just deprived of any sort of ambition.

Im willing to bet they have a very similar thread on a Newcastle forum somewhere......................

I mean the OPs masterplan to change the world is to boo more Millionaire footballers and stop going the game, not sure how booing a laptop will bring change.

But hey ho.

Fans of yesteryear hung banners ‘Sack Catterick, Keep Young’,

Catterick responded with a cup win, Alan Ball was brought in and one of the greatest sides in English football history was created to win the title again.

These same fans daubed ‘Kendall out’ on the walls of Bellefield, they threw cushions at the team, they would not go to Goodison, 30,000 stay at home fans

Kendall went on to win the cup and created one of the greatest sides in English football history.

Which surely goes to prove that the fans were wrong. Thank god that the board didn't listen to the fans. :coffee:

This mentality took root in the Moyes era. He, with the connivance of the board, re-drew the boundaries between success and failure and what our horizons should be.

He might have steadied a ship in his first few seasons, but he was an absolute plague of locusts on Everton in terms of ambitions.

He was a yes man. He was simply the boards mouth piece, simple as that. Everton is rotten from the top down.

Status
Not open for further replies.