Was it only me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
Who actually thought we played well tonight?

I thought it was a great performance by everyone.

Nice football, great link up play, effort, and 2 great goals.

I was chuffed.

Scrappy win mate, and hardly vintage stuff. I thought we were awfull in the first half though there system was very hard to break down.

We played a lot better in the second half though i thought our midfeild was poor throughot the game. We got the breaks tonight but against a more top quality team i think we would have been beaten tonight, only for Jags and Yobo i think we might have been.

Pluses- Grinding out results on away days is how you win trophies, Jags, Yobo, Yak, Ancihibe!

Minus- Midfeild (whole), Ball retention, passing, Lescott by his standards didnt have good game (you know im a big fan).

I thought we were a bit lethargic in the first half. Not lackadasical though. Our boys were trying but just a step off the pace.

They picked it up to be sure in the 2nd half and created more chances in the final third.

I thought we were a bit lethargic in the first half. Not lackadasical though. Our boys were trying but just a step off the pace.

They picked it up to be sure in the 2nd half and created more chances in the final third.

I think the game opend up with the goal mate which pretty much defunked there two banks of defensive four! Once we scored space opened up and we got our tails up!

Though i dont think you win trophies without being able to grind out results and break teams like Brann up gradually although i wasnt over the moon with performence, i was hapy that we could win away form home and gradualy wear them down!

The game felt like it went on for 3 hours it was that boring. Sloppy play sometimes, giving the ball away too easy. But as mentioned after Cahill hit the post we picked up and got the win - and from the scoreline a comfy win.

I'm not too down about not playing brilliant football as long as the results are right, we will get back to what we were a few months ago. [Poor language removed], Man Utd and Chelsea do it all the time around this time of the year. Same with the Arse when we probably played the best football I've seen us play all season in the 1st half against them untill we imploded.

No, we played [Poor language removed]. think any top-half of the prem would of picked us of last night, Could'nt cross that final ball I.e, Phil Nev and Manny. Lescott gets one in and bang, a goal. Need to sort the last ball out,

In the middle we kept the ball fairly well, but cahill was proper AWOL. Jags, top man/(y)

No, we played [Poor language removed]. think any top-half of the prem would of picked us of last night, Could'nt cross that final ball I.e, Phil Nev and Manny. Lescott gets one in and bang, a goal. Need to sort the last ball out,

In the middle we kept the ball fairly well, but cahill was proper AWOL. Jags, top man/(y)
I agree how many times did the commentator say poor pass by Neville by the end of the game I thought that was his name the Yak and Jag where very good But I dont like Cahill in a midfield four.(y)

I agree how many times did the commentator say poor pass by Neville by the end of the game I thought that was his name the Yak and Jag where very good But I dont like Cahill in a midfield four.(y)

I think you've got it right Coyney. AJ looked a bit battle weary having to face another batch of monster defenders as well, I wonder if the gaffer considered starting with Vaughan

Negatives:
Neville
Cahill
Johnson
Carsley and Neville keystone cops moment
Fernandes 1st half
Playing the ball behind he player running onto it!
CHannel 5 especially Ratters
Boring tactics

Positives:
Jagielka
Yakubu
Linesman in the 2nd half
Fernandes 2nd half
We won
A new record in Europe

Negatives:
Neville
Cahill
Johnson
Carsley and Neville keystone cops moment
Fernandes 1st half
Playing the ball behind he player running onto it!
CHannel 5 especially Ratters
Boring tactics

Positives:
Jagielka
Yakubu
Linesman in the 2nd half
Fernandes 2nd half
We won
A new record in Europe

Neegatives: None

Positives: we fukkin won again away in europe, an were going to the QF.

WTF is up with every one?? we just won again. we cant play like brazil every week. It was a great away preformance. 0 conceded an 2 scored.

COYB>

Great result but you can't overlook the poor performance , again , of the players listed. At this rate I may even be calling for a recall of Hibbert!!!!

Great result but you can't overlook the poor performance , again , of the players listed. At this rate I may even be calling for a recall of Hibbert!!!!

Fukk the performance were nearly through to the QF of a european cup compatition.

It was'nt even that bad. we were the best team by far.

Fukk the performance were nearly through to the QF of a european cup compatition.

It was'nt even that bad. we were the best team by far.

Better than a team who aren't even playing yet!!!

It is an obvious and consructive criticism of below par performances. Yes we won. Maybe we the better side in patches. You have to agree there was room for improvement with the players mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back