Match Thread West Brom vs Everton. Mon, 28 Sep, 20:00 The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date

WBA v Everton

• Everton

Votes: 242 79.9%
  • WBA

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Cheese on wedding cake

Votes: 40 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a fluffed clearance with a ball on the spin. It's a minor error.

If Funes Mori wasn't on the left wing, that clearance isn't an issue.

A ball on spin? Barry has been making those types of errors for the last season and the start of this one, there should be a Gareth Barry denial thread on here.

.....likely it was going to take a mistake. Difficult from here chasing the game against a well organised team, Deulofeu the obvious threat. Mori looked ok but crucial error always a possibility. At least we have to have a go now.

Pretty much, not creating chances like the Swansea game but Brom are a better defensive unit.

Still thought the goal aside, which was from a mistake, we've looked decent and had Barkley taken his chance we'd be sitting pretty.

Can't see us going onto win it now but I think we'll equalise. Here's hoping we do them.

was poor from Mori to run himself into a dead end but what Barry did for an experienced player is absolutely shocking.

The 2nd Mori lost it and was on the floor Barry already knew to cover in so why he then tried to play a 1st time pass while moving backwards is beyond me, thats something you might expect for a rookie but not a guy with 600 games under his belt.

I really don't. Centre half gallavanting on the left wing, gives it away, the eventual ball for the goal played through the gaping hole in the pitch he had vacated.

How that is "all on Barry" is beyond me. You're just wrong.

The ball fell to Barry to clear mate under no pressure - he was just not agile enough to get his feet sorted and spooned it straight to a west brom player, or anytime stones loses the ball anywhere you going to blame him?

To say this again, Mori makes a mistake that falls to a everton player, Barry makes a mistake that falls to a west brom player

really who is to blame?

I really don't. Centre half gallavanting on the left wing, gives it away, the eventual ball for the goal played through the gaping hole in the pitch he had vacated.

How that is "all on Barry" is beyond me. You're just wrong.

The ball fell to Barry to clear mate under no pressure - he was just not agile enough to get his feet sorted and spooned it straight to a west brom player, or anytime stones loses the ball anywhere you going to blame him?

To say this again, Mori makes a mistake that falls to a everton player, Barry makes a mistake that falls to a west brom player

really who is to blame?

A minor one. Take the Barry bias out of it and imagine how that plays out if the centre half was being a centre half instead of trying to be Arjen Robben for some reason.
but he did do, doesn't matter how many times you wish he didn't, then barry has not give the ball straight to an oppenent while we have people out of position, it's not a minor error, its a poor one, slightly less poor than mori's, both are to blame

dire !

Del is clearly our most effective player but is only seeing the ball after 35 mins.

We're constantly drifting to the left where neither Naismith or Barkley want to give us width.

I'd love to see the ratio of back & side passes to forward passes .. so slow in getting forward except on breakaways.

Lennon on as wide replacement for either Naismith / Barkley .. or one of Barry / McCarthy and get Ross to drop back and Naismith operate as "10".

Dunc to drop the head on Lukaku .. wake the funt up or off him and get Kone on.

Time for Martinez to show us he is capable of managing this team and making proper tactical decisions and motivating the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back