Match Thread West Brom vs Everton. Mon, 28 Sep, 20:00 The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date

WBA v Everton

• Everton

Votes: 242 79.9%
  • WBA

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Cheese on wedding cake

Votes: 40 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree sportbillyblue. Gerry needs the ball a lot more. Passing needs to improve and stop hitting this hopeful ball up to Lukaku. It's not working and especially one up front. However typical Pulis side sticking 11 men behind the ball AT HOME! It can only get better 2nd half. Come on the boys, 2:1 win

What has Mori done wrong? I think he's look comfortalbe to be honest, just Barry [Poor language removed] up has cost us defensively.

Annonymous going forward. Lukaku is really irking me now, lazy, not holding it up. Doesn't look remotely interested. Twice the ball has been put in great areas and he's nowhere to be seen.

Jags and Howard also quite slow for the goal. Berahino was in no way favourite for what is a poor ball. Too many people standing in awe of Barry's 50p left foot.

Tbh mate I thought it was a superb through ball which absolutely carved us open. I ain't Howards biggest fan but he came out well and was unlucky not to get a stronger touch and it goes over the bar.

We've been crap though for sure!

A kick in the bolix couldnt be as painful as this:(need to get gerry more in the game but he has got to start putting a foot in when tracking back.ball was there to be won go win it not just a token gesture track back but he is still our biggest threat got to get him more in the game.galloway playing very well browning not really getting tested on his side.ross needs to stop getting pushed off the ball so easily and tom needs to start making it stick more.hard team to breakdown.could be a long second half:(

Well the one plus is we can't be any worse in the 2nd half. The big minus is that Pulis sides are bloody hard to break down, have to hope for a mistake like we made.

All our creative players will break them down. Oh wait we've only started with one on the pitch. How long will it be before Martinez takes off one of the two holding mids or 4 centrebacks?

Fault for goal:

1. Funes Mori.
1. Gareth Barry
3 (a distant 3) Browning.

Let's face it Martinez's cavalier thrown them in mentality is going to result in stuff like this. Funes first start and he's no idea of the speed or how quickly he'll get closed down.

We need to get the ball to Deulofeu much quicker. The midfield is showing the same slow laboured play as the defence and its stifling any attacking options..or option as Deu is the only one probing. Ross seems to have lost heart since the miss. Im hoping for much quicker play in the second half and for Lukaku to shake himself and actually press their defenders instead of standing off them waiting for the perfect pass to feet. I wouldn't mind if his control then matched the pass but hes way off so far. Hope RM has shaken them up at half time.

We need to be asking questions. Naismith has been no worse than anyone else but if Lennon came on at least he'd stay wide and stretch their midfield. Allowing space for Barkley, Pulis is too wise to not notice what we all have and that Deulofeu is our only current threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back