West Ham Utd 1-2 Everton. Sat 22nd Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Hansen is a biased tupping git.

He just about came round at the end of his analysis, but he started off by being ambivalent about the disallowed goal, having a go about Anichebe's clash with Collins, and saying that Gibson's was a red card all day.

Then he went on to proclaim how great it was to see LFC banging the goals in.

I think you may have a point.

I don't mind West Ham but just wanted to take a moment out on reflection to make sure that I laugh at that bellend Nolan missing a really good chance at the end of the game. The fat kopite would have milked that moment and no messing.

Unlucky lad.

****ing fantastic day.

Just got back to the hotel room. 6 hours to get down here and 2 hours to find our travel lodge after the match as well as the car battery packing in and having to call out the AA.

All well worth it.

The team selection left alot to be desired.

The cruel irony was that we were barely in the game and made only a handful of clear-cut chances and yet managed to win. Surely that will only enforce Moyes' belief that caution should prevail over adventure?
Regardless of what anyone says the first 45 minutes were abject. Jagielka right back, Osman right mid, Anichebe upfront? What the fúck?

Granted Osman had a huge influence on the game but that was because he basically played inside and let Neville cover the right side. Anichebe was also a lot better after his goal, like a different player. We were lucky today. But if we could eliminate all bad luck and all poor referring decisions, we would have more points than we already do, and on that basis alone I am happy to spawn a few games.
Wow .

And got lucky because they went down to 10 men against a team that featured six defensive outfield players. We weren't playing United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal, yet we fielded SIX defensive outfield players against West Ham. West. ****ing. Ham. Barkley and Vellios on the bench. Negative selection. And I'll stand by that all day long.
You keep standing mate - the rest of us will just get on with enjoying it.

And got lucky because they went down to 10 men against a team that featured six defensive outfield players. We weren't playing United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal, yet we fielded SIX defensive outfield players against West Ham. West. ****ing. Ham. Barkley and Vellios on the bench. Negative selection. And I'll stand by that all day long.

*sigh*

Can't you just be happy that we won a difficult game ? You say we got lucky, did you conveniently forget that we had a perfectly good goal disallowed after which they scored ?

Did you forget that we have injuries to two of our best offensive players ? This wasn't a game against Reading at home, it was a tough away game against a battling side, we didn't have a ton of options on the bench anyway. We played a justifiably defensive team and still ended up having plenty of possession and chances. In the second half (before Cole was sent off) we looked like the only team who would win.

It's like you're looking for an excuse to have a pop at Moyes. Sad.

It hasnt happened the last 11 years, so lets see hey.

38ec0d5c185f4f2fca0a8303667a283f.jpg

Ah, unfortunately mate you've activated my trap card.

a0015760_4c447830c9292.jpg

I actually wanted you to think that i thought you had bit so that you would reveal the fact that you were actually attempting to make me bite, thus proving you were fishing.

Sniff it lad

[video=youtube;UaM2IpnLmyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaM2IpnLmyw[/video]

Great to watch the team get the win today, was a little worried in the first half as we've never won a game I've been to before.... Was a bit miffed by the team selection and thought we won as much inspite of him as because of him today. Think Howard did quite well, tho he could have done better for their goal, and had one lapse in the first half that he got away with, was funny to watch him cuss himself out afterwards! Did well on balls into the box today.

Heitingha did ok, also could have done better for the goal, some other poor moments, but some good as well. Didn't think much of the Pienaar/Baines combination. Looked a little 'stale' and too often everyone seemed to be waiting around for them to produce something and gave them no other options. Often too slow getting the ball into the box, and Pienaar in particular was often holding the ball too long for me.

Jelavic looks out of form, missing chances he would have scored last year. His poor form is still better than most strikers we've had of late tho, and still think he could score at any time. Anichebe wasn't great first half, the usual things, but was better after he scored.

Props to mpatton for hooking me up with a ticket, then hanging around for ages outside the gate cos I was running late and made him miss the first few mins. Cheers mate :)

PS. Oh yeah, missed Gibson's red, but Cole's was never a red, unfortunate for them, but still think at the time we could well have gone on to win anyway.

2-1 Blue.
Afterwards why not find a local hostelry with Sky and settle down to watch the unequal battle in that evenings Championship game as Palace's thread bare defence attempt to keep out Beckford and Vaughany.(y)

Blimey, I can predict stuff!! (Sadly not all of it good.) Well done Blue. Not a sending off for either of them at your game. Deffo for both at ours.

Never mind the match - how shocking was it to get out of the ground and onto the tube! Oxford Street xmas shopping was a breeze compared to Upton park tube station.

38ec0d5c185f4f2fca0a8303667a283f.jpg

[video=youtube;UaM2IpnLmyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaM2IpnLmyw[/video]

Great to watch the team get the win today, was a little worried in the first half as we've never won a game I've been to before.... Was a bit miffed by the team selection and thought we won as much inspite of him as because of him today. Think Howard did quite well, tho he could have done better for their goal, and had one lapse in the first half that he got away with, was funny to watch him cuss himself out afterwards! Did well on balls into the box today.

Heitingha did ok, also could have done better for the goal, some other poor moments, but some good as well. Didn't think much of the Pienaar/Baines combination. Looked a little 'stale' and too often everyone seemed to be waiting around for them to produce something and gave them no other options. Often too slow getting the ball into the box, and Pienaar in particular was often holding the ball too long for me.

Jelavic looks out of form, missing chances he would have scored last year. His poor form is still better than most strikers we've had of late tho, and still think he could score at any time. Anichebe wasn't great first half, the usual things, but was better after he scored.

Props to mpatton for hooking me up with a ticket, then hanging around for ages outside the gate cos I was running late and made him miss the first few mins. Cheers mate :)

PS. Oh yeah, missed Gibson's red, but Cole's was never a red, unfortunate for them, but still think at the time we could well have gone on to win anyway.

Heitinga did ok -please go to spec savers he only looked ok when Cole got sent off - he had a mare of a game the same form he has shown all season I would not even give him a place on the bench - Duffy deseves a start before him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back