We've been poor far too often

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to play every other game poorly and rely on luck to get us thru then we are very much in trouble.
We can blame the lack of creativity on pieenar absence but we can't use this as an excuse for our central midfield pairing in the first half, hoofball, misplace passes, and lack of abilities to win back the ball.

Last edited:
Just checked last seasons results and guess what - this time last year we had 8 points, and gone out of the Uefa and league cups, lost at home to Blackburn, Porstmouth, the [Poor language removed] and away to Arsenal.

Food for thought ??? :oops:

This. There is still 90 points on offer for us the season and we are still in all the cups. I'm expecting silverware this year and a top 6 finish atleast.

Stoke and Wolves were decent they deserved their points - if your going to play a game of percentages you have to be prepared not to win thats exactly what happened. Two well organised teams, up for it who matched us - we missed the quality that made the difference and played the percentage games, crosses long balls etc. Wolves and Stoke deserved their points no complaints.

Unbeaten in seven we are. We're offically better then Chelsea!

Stoke and Wolves were decent they deserved their points - if your going to play a game of percentages you have to be prepared not to win thats exactly what happened. Two well organised teams, up for it who matched us - we missed the quality that made the difference and played the percentage games, crosses long balls etc. Wolves and Stoke deserved their points no complaints.

Unbeaten in seven we are. We're offically better then Chelsea!

This,

Plus far too many of use write off so called lesser teams. This season has seen some astonishing results none more so than WIgan hammering Chelsea.................as far as I'm concerned its good for the game and will help eradicate this top four crap you get on Sky. All clubs are fighting for every point which is healthy, yesterday Wolves had a game plan stuck with it and nearly succeeded.................don't blame them blame us for not having the on field savvy to beat them.

Far too many people are quick to take a bad result and lay all the blame at Moyes door . I wholeheartedly agree that playing one up front against a team like Wolves at home is quite frankly shocking , but we still had IMO enough in that team yesterday to see them off with a flurish . Truth is we stuttered and spluttered but never caught fire . Pienaar is the man who makes this team tick over . He never stops not for one second and thats the problem because no one else sees fit to fill his role except maybe Cahill who I personally feel sorry for . In his role Tim has to win a mixture of aerial headers and fight for the ball on the ground whilst providing support in midfield .

I keep saying Osman has no business in our team and I strongly maintain that line . Thats my biggest gripe with Moyes . I feel like screaming at him when I see that little fcuker run out onto the pitch YET AGAIN only for him to play fcuking sh*t YET AGAIN .

Another thing that concerned me yesterday was Billys obvious lack of pace and inability to take on his man . He is in a role that needs someone with a genuine turn of pace to utilise it fully and give us that threatening break away . Though to be fair to the lad he made one or two passes yesterday that took my breath away , the lad has vision and a worldclass talent for exploiting it . Roll on Benfica:oops:

how many more points dropped...

all i hear is our best players are comin back.. we cant win without them :dodgy: we shouldnt even be in that predicament we should av players to fill in just as good if not better... lol its all money or wotever excuses well im pissed off with it all werz me noose.. lol lol lol well as D Ream said things can only get better... if they dont who wants an early chrimbo present..:blink: my season ticket... VALUE for money honest...:mad:

Its not a knee jerk as some might say. Almost 50% of the games we've played had been poor and we have pieenar playing in half of that 50.
Teams seems to tear us apart quite easily in midfield, and nobody seems to know why.

I know why, no Phil Neville or Mikel Arteta, for all Jack Rodwells talent, hes still only 17 and Fellaini doesnt know what the phrase track back and tackle means.

I know why, no Phil Neville or Mikel Arteta, for all Jack Rodwells talent, hes still only 17 and Fellaini doesnt know what the phrase track back and tackle means.

MG, that's very harsh on Mo, who I think covers the whole pitch for the team.
Our problem at the moment is that our team hasn't had a pre-season, just like last season, and as a result, Moyes has absolutely no idea on who to pick.

We are still playing the same formation, and trying to squeeze our new players into that formation, where it might be better to take a step backwards in order to move forward.

I would prefer Gosling to Osman, and why Fellaini is starting on the bench Moyes only knows.

2 strikers against teams might be worth looking at, but Moyes doesn't like it. The fact he replaced Hibbert with Yakubu shows he doesn't have anything figured out yet, and that is worrying.

After seeing villa go toe to toe with Chelsea, matching and beating them yesterday I honestly think we are a long way from being that good at the moment. You also have to take into account villa beat a full strength rs team away from home.

Our team looks incapable of doing anything like that. Were as good as Bolton this season and not citeh, spurs, or villa.

That is about it and I fully agree with Badwool on Osman. I have said for aeons that he is U/S.

Hi Monty glad to see you back M8.

I do not blame Wolves I point the finger squarely at some of the players but most of all at Moyes regarding his team selection and tactics. Needs to wake up.

Last edited:
We are desperate for a defensive midfielder thats what makes the whole team tick.
Neville is sorely missed and we never replaced carsley.
We lack bite,urgency and pace from the middle.
I back moysie to the hilt but i am surprised he does not have cover in the defensive midfield roll.
Rodwell is going to be a world beater but is only a kid

To be fair if we had taken our chances, and we did have 2 or 3 great ones , it would have been a totally different story. It has been a stop start season so far , with international breaks. A solid run of games and training coming up, players getting used to each other .
But I agree a bit of steel and pace is sadly lacking IMO.

By the same token if our opposition had taken their chances it would be a different story with a much worse ending.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawro seems to think we're doing alright -

icLiverpool - Mark Lawrenson: Everton unbeaten in seven - so why the despondency?

Mark Lawrenson: Everton unbeaten in seven - so why the despondency? Oct 20 2009

By Mark Lawrenson, Liverpool Daily Post
YOU can understand an air of despondency at Goodison Park on Saturday.
Everton have got to the stage where they expect to be beating the likes of Stoke and Wolves at home and dropping four points in two games is naturally going to lead to frustration.
But look at it another way – it’s seven games unbeaten.
There’s nothing worse than being a ‘win one, lose the next one’ type of team because you don’t get any consistency or momentum into your season.
When it gets to that stage you start to wonder if you can even put a run of a couple of draws and wins together just to get you out of that rut.

So it’s important to keep the points tally ticking over, especially when you’re not at your best.

It’s clear that Everton are still deficient in one or two areas and are perhaps short of quality – as shown by struggles to break down Stoke and Wolves.

And the Premier League position at the moment is far from ideal, perhaps a symptom of having the Europa League to contend with as well.

But then with a trip to Benfica coming up, how can you complain? That’s the sort of fixture you want to be in Europe for and a midweek trip to Portugal can never be sniffed at.

And if the unbeaten run can be maintained over there, happy days are here again!

Or is he just gutted the RS are [Poor language removed] and wants to find comfort in us being gash too?

Status
Not open for further replies.