What 80's Everton player would you put in current squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 80s team was full of decent players but what made them was that they played as a team. The only player in the team that was the best in the world at his position was Big Nev and for that reason he gets my vote.

The 80s team was full of decent players but what made them was that they played as a team. The only player in the team that was the best in the world at his position was Big Nev and for that reason he gets my vote.

Sheedy,Steven and Ratcliffe couldn't have been far off IMHO.

Hibbert or Stevens... tough one that !?

I have gone for Stevens.
I think Southall is the obvious choice but our keeper is ok just now (makes mistakes but plenty of saves too)
Plenty of people, including myself, have expressed at how right back is our weak link so it amazes me that not more people have voted for Stevens who was oustanding for us and England (was sold far too early!)

i once tweeted peter reid as to who was better set piece taker , sheedy or beckham and he just laughed and said sheeds all day long . pure quality

I have gone for Stevens.
I think Southall is the obvious choice but our keeper is ok just now (makes mistakes but plenty of saves too)
Plenty of people, including myself, have expressed at how right back is our weak link so it amazes me that not more people have voted for Stevens who was oustanding for us and England (was sold far too early!)

Right now CM looks much weaker than RB, tbh. So I went Reid.

I have gone for Stevens.

Agree there are a good few players in that mid-80s team who (If had been kept/wanted to stay)could have given us better options than the 90s replacements.

I chose Reid because we're short of talent in there and it would be great to have a midfield general again. Saying that though I've got to be honest and say I did miss Southall when I was reading the list because of our CM problem, if we had him our defence would be as solid as a rock.

the way I look at it, if I can pick only one, then I have to think where is the biggest gap in quality - ie., who would make the biggest difference. People say sheedy, but pienaar is one of our best players. Southall? Well, Howard is pretty good. I have to say with Felli behind Jelevic we are light in CM, so the obvious choice is Reid.

Right now it would be Reidy, given how lacking we are in CM at the moment.

Normally it would be Southall.

Reidy for me, didn't really think about Southall because I just automatically thought centre midfield is our current weak link. A new goalkeeper would be useful, hopefully we can get Jack Butland in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back