What 80's Everton player would you put in current squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously if I could only pick one then Southall all day. The best keeper I'll ever see play for Everton, and probably anyone else. He was worth twenty points alone, easy.

Bracewell would do well in our side at the moment though. Always loved him.

Obviously if I could only pick one then Southall all day. The best keeper I'll ever see play for Everton, and probably anyone else. He was worth twenty points alone, easy.

Big Nev always said being absolutley world class made him a better goalkeeper - then he had a fry and rescued cats and stuff.

the way I look at it, if I can pick only one, then I have to think where is the biggest gap in quality - ie., who would make the biggest difference. People say sheedy, but pienaar is one of our best players. Southall? Well, Howard is pretty good. I have to say with Felli behind Jelevic we are light in CM, so the obvious choice is Reid.

Totally agree. While you could put a case for just about any of those players, and big Nev should be an automatic choice as best in the world at his position, Peter Reid is the one who would make the biggest impact on the current team.

Totally agree. While you could put a case for just about any of those players, and big Nev should be an automatic choice as best in the world at his position, Peter Reid is the one who would make the biggest impact on the current team.

Thats what I thought too.

Straight swap for Neville.

Nev is the obvious one as he was World Class, I went for Brace as we need the central midfield strengthening and his game would still suit the modern game for me. Plus he was the coolest [Poor language removed] in the world kids!!

Reidy would've seen to it that Suarez didn't finish the game on Sunday after what he did to Distin, that's for sure.

Wish I could've seen that team. Based on what family have told me (and our current squad) I'd take Reid just over big Nev. I only have two enduring memories of Nev - the '95 cup final being a great one, the time he leaned away from a Les Ferdinand angled shot for Newcastle because he (incorrectly) thought it was going wide being not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back