• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

what a goal: spurs equaliser

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
setup by keane, scored by you know who, quick feet, quick passing, sublime finish, im still applauding.

setup by keane, scored by you know who, quick feet, quick passing, sublime finish, im still applauding.

it was a good goal Suits, no panic at all, nice and assured, a confident finish from a player on top of his game, set up by keane like you said, who waited and waited to deliver a perfect pass.

his second though was a classic and even better than his first, safe to say they had been practising that one in training, brilliant control on his chest and a glorious volley on the turn, it would have graced the final itself.

although spurs completely dominated the game, and their passing was top drawer, it was hard to tell how good they really were as braga sat so deep for the whole 90 minutes and let spurs have it their own way, for a team chasing a 3-2 defecit they showed no desire or will to drag themselves back into contention.

the way they played made spurs look vastly superior, and this a team 4th in the portugese league, whoever their opponents in the QF, i cant see spurs getting such an easy game, like i said, although they did what was required of them, and their movement and passing was a joy to behold, it remains to be seen just how good this spurs team is, tonight's opponents were not the best barometer to answer that question.

i am noticing something about football, specifically some european football, braga didnt seem to play well at all, same as last week, but still managed to score good goals. toon against AZ is the same, that side from holland (AZ) dont seem to be very capable but still scored and still created chances.

its very perculair, and this needs further pondering.

i am noticing something about football, specifically some european football, braga didnt seem to play well at all, same as last week, but still managed to score good goals. toon against AZ is the same, that side from holland (AZ) dont seem to be very capable but still scored and still created chances.

its very perculair, and this needs further pondering.

i think spurs have scored 22 ? goals in the last 7 games, thats some total, although they have conceded 12.

i know what you mean, Braga played poorly yet managed two goals, individual skill i guess rather than good team-play ?

not sure, they didnt seem to change in style of play, just kept plugging away and believe in their ability.

it could be down to the razor blade of luck, or it could be down to being a well drilled team, that plays to its strengths regardless of the opposition.

not sure, they didnt seem to change in style of play, just kept plugging away and believe in their ability.

it could be down to the razor blade of luck, or it could be down to being a well drilled team, that plays to its strengths regardless of the opposition.

I can see what your'e getting at Suits, but that could also be seen as being one-dimensional, just relentless, stale unimaginative football, solid and unwavering but ultimatley nothing about it to get your pulse rate going.

Give me the unpredictability that goes with being an Evertonian any day of the week.

not been well today so missed the AZ vs toon second leg, i did catch the score though, 2-nil AZ, so they qualify on away goals.

newcastle should have had the game won last week, but AZ scored a couple of good goals and gave themselves a chance this week. AZ were very poor last week, toon outplayed them everywhere yet they have still gone through.

there is a possibility that because i dont know these european sides, their players, or care much about their football and results that i am looking/judging them differently than i would if they were a more well known european minnow like psv, or leverkusen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back