What a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Evertonians are entitled to there opinion but some of the negative stuff on here is an absolute disgrace and can only be the result of an obsessive anti Everton/anti Kenwright agenda. Have these people not yet realised that in todays financial climate in football, loans are becoming to some extent the new transfers? Loans used to be simple..just send a surplus player out on loan for a season .Now they are subject to negotiation and in many cases fees are involved. We paid a fee for Lukaku, and we outbid West Brom-good business. We don't know whether we are paying all, part, or any of his wages. My understanding of the early reports(and there is no guarantee that any of these are 100% accurate) is that there was no loan fee for Barry but that we were covering a good proportion of his wages. Absolutely fair enough-good business again. Bill managed to do some excellent negotiation late in the window(he IS good at this aspect of football!) and Martinez was able to use his knowledge and reputation to secure the players he wanted-good business. There is a sea change at Everton...we are being dragged by the new manager into the modern world of football, and this is good. There is no more dithering, we are positive in the market, buying and selling. Sorry if some don't actually like the idea of Everton doing something right, why don't you go and find something else to moan about, because the majority of good Everton supporters are sick to the back teeth with you.You know who you are.
Meanwhile another newspaper reports that RVP is unhappy with Moyes methods at OT. You just don't know what to believe, do you !

:lol: Papering over cracks is the new long-term planning.

The squad doesn't look too bad considering the owners' continued refusal to sell or invest, which is great, but to suggest we should be pleased with what the board are offering is utter madness.

:lol: Papering over cracks is the new long-term planning.

The squad doesn't look too bad considering the owners' continued refusal to sell or invest, which is great, but to suggest we should be pleased with what the board are offering is utter madness.

Ahh! At last a heavyweight response! As I said 'All Evertonians are entitled to their opinion' And yet....some people will just never have a good word. I suppose 'doesn't look too bad' is a ringing endorsement from you Mr. C ! Thanks for that !!

Howard

Jagielka. Distin

Coleman Baines
Barry

Mirrallas. Barkley McCarthy Pienaar

Lukaku

Should be a top 4 contender this.

This may be our transfer kitty for next season - I hope not but we now sell to buy

Martinez' hard stance over fellaini & baines has reassured me that he's not a push over in the transfer market. No one knows what might happen in the future, but we reportedly told a couple of big clubs who enquired on deadline day that Ross wasn't available and to knob off. We'll get him on a nice long contract and he'll be the midfield boss of Martinez' Everton for years to come.

Howard

Jagielka. Distin

Coleman Baines
Barry

Mirrallas. Barkley McCarthy Pienaar

Lukaku

Should be a top 4 contender this.

It could be. If you think about how important Bale was to spurs and how long it will take their 25 new players to start to gel, then we could finish above them. We've got a settled but solid defence, 'the best left flank', a great balance in midfield, pace and width with sexy kev and deulofeu and then we've got Barkley and Lukaku.
could be the bossest of seasons ahead lids

Ahh! At last a heavyweight response! As I said 'All Evertonians are entitled to their opinion' And yet....some people will just never have a good word. I suppose 'doesn't look too bad' is a ringing endorsement from you Mr. C ! Thanks for that !!

You did very kindly entitle us all to our own opinions, but I'm not sure how genuine you were being seeing as though you also said those with negative things to say are a 'disgrace'.

You did very kindly entitle us all to our own opinions, but I'm not sure how genuine you were being seeing as though you also said those with negative things to say are a 'disgrace'.

Theres a difference between having an opinion and stating it and simply being against anything good that happens at Everton, if it remotely or directly concerns Kenwright and the board.
We've done good business this window, thats not just people on this board saying it, various critiques of the window in the media have put us top of the list. Only extremist moaners would have a boring bitch at that.

I think it has been a good window except for the wages for Barry. Apparently we are paying him 500,000/week (plus petrol vouchers for his drive to Finch Farm)...any truth in this?

I think it has been a good window except for the wages for Barry. Apparently we are paying him 500,000/week (plus petrol vouchers for his drive to Finch Farm)...any truth in this?

Alan Myers confirmed the rumour on twitter. As part of the deal, Barry also will be redesigning our new crest in the forthcoming weeks.

Theres a difference between having an opinion and stating it and simply being against anything good that happens at Everton, if it remotely or directly concerns Kenwright and the board.
We've done good business this window, thats not just people on this board saying it, various critiques of the window in the media have put us top of the list. Only extremist moaners would have a boring bitch at that.

Again, I'm quite happy with how the squad looks, but the concerns others have brought up are genuine - they're not just bashing the club for the sake of it.

Everton had to give in and match Whealan's ludicrous valuation of McCarthy because once again there had to be a major outgoing before serious purchases could be made. It's always a case of making the best of a bad situation at this club, which is why some Blues are less enthusiastic about the board than yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back