What a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does it include loan fees. If not we should have at least 11 million left to spend off the Fellaini sale then we have the tv money and the standard 2p budget kenwright gives . There's no excuse bill the money's there

So we make £11m, don't touch the telly money, improve our squad immensely and that is a bad thing?

I don't agree that our squad has been improved 'immensely' at all, and the TV money will have been used to prevent our annual accounting losses.

It is what it is, Everton had the lowest net spend in the league, and the fear is that the 11million pound profit from player sales doesn't get invested back into the playing squad.

Do you seriously believe that it will?
Problem is though is the debt is manageable it doesn't go up or down . The reason why the debt is there is because kenwright always wants to borrow money in advance of getting from the yearly turnover but with this comes interest rates . We clear the debt but it won't do much if we are not making money which we are not because of the Annual loss . We need a new marketing team

Why?

The £11m and telly money is enough to completely pay off our debt.
Because improved numbers on computers is crap compared to improved sexy futsal players in January. I'm tired of watching our best players looking elsewhere, I want us to be able to build teams and improve that group of players without worrying about the hyper teams coming in and cherry picking. Loan deals, although good for the short term and possibly bringing the average ability of the squad up, doesn't excite me as much as us developing players we can keep. The manager needs backing and should get it with the work he has done on the numbers side of things.

BTpuUjtCAAATRC1.jpg

LOL AT SPURS, MINUS 2m.

THEY SUCK

I bet it does not though, i might even hazard a guess that the debt will increase.

The only people to benefit from paying off our debt would be our major shareholders, and even then, they would only benefit through selling the club with an increased equity. There would be little benefit to the club itself, especially at a time when revenue has increased dramatically.

I don't know where people have got the idea that the TV money hasn't been touched and that it is still available to spend. It has been used to prevent our annual loss which is why we were able to buy some players before selling first. The 11million pound surplus in that graphic relates to our profit made after player sales and acquisitions. However, there should be more even TV money on its way.

I think he's hinting at the fact that it's only Evertonians who can finish bottom of the net spend table during a transfer table and bring in utter dross like Arouna Kone yet still think it was a good transfer window.

I actually sort of agree, but I'm trying to withhold judgement until I see what our net spend in January is. It should be £15-20m, because Kone/Robles were bought with the Fer money.

Obviously, we'll see pigs fly before we see that money, but ah well.

Haha it will be interesting, especially if the team isn't performing too well and there's a demand for more signings.

My prediction is we'll be coming into a bit of form around that time and there'll be no need for any panic buying so we'll go with what we've got.

Laughing my head off at the idea that the club being £40m+ better off and with a better squad is a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back