What a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree that our squad has been improved 'immensely' at all, and the TV money will have been used to prevent our annual accounting losses.

It is what it is, Everton had the lowest net spend in the league, and the fear is that the 11million pound profit from player sales doesn't get invested back into the playing squad.
How is that enjoyment thing working out for you?

BTpuUjtCAAATRC1.jpg

And that's with the questionable 6million pound acquisition of a dodgy 30 year old striker.
This table is why I can't consider it a good window

How is that enjoyment thing working out for you?

You might get wet over selling one of our best players and having the lowest net spend in the league, but I actually like to see Everton win football matches before I start jumping up and down and getting giddy over things.

This table is why I can't consider it a good window

It was an excellent window. Everyone except the trouble makers on here thinks so. We improved the squad, and came out with a profit. If we had spent another 11 million and were in financial difficulties by next summer, you would be blaming BK for overspending. If we buy a couple more players that Martinez feels he needs in January, its because we've been prudent and successful in this window.

It would be interesting to know how our wage bill has changed since last season. We've lost some big earners but also paying out on Barry, Kone and other new signings. I imagine Baines will be getting a decent raise as well (hopefully).

There should definitely be money there in Jan though. Even if we paid out more than we wanted to for McCarthy we were being told his deal was independent from the Fellaini sale. Barry and Lukaku deals can't have eaten the rest up.

Buy for the future Martinez. Will Hughes at Derby will be fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back