What are you currently listening to?

Modern music is shabite - official

Some eye opening revelations in ere

He is taking age old things and pretending it has only just happened. The Beatles were praised for the pop song and now he is slagging that formula off.

When would a normal person get to listen to an non-compressed song? Or have the audio capacity to do so?

'New music is rubbish' is such a tedious debate.

He is taking age old things and pretending it has only just happened. The Beatles were praised for the pop song and now he is slagging that formula off.

When would a normal person get to listen to an non-compressed song? Or have the audio capacity to do so?

'New music is rubbish' is such a tedious debate.
Agree, its a tedious debate,

I knew sod all about compression in everything and the 2 blokes writing all the pop songs. His Beatles love seems to be for the Sgt Pepper album and their experimentation, rather than their earlier formulaic pop stuff.

A musician mate of mine wrote off Pepper, jazz, prog rock, Floyd and most things experimental as 'musical masterbation'. Whereas I like and appreciate the creativity. And I like apparently-compressed-to-buggery formulaic techno too, so I continue to sit any debate out. I likes what I likes

I had a feeling it may not be your thing dude! I didn't give it the big push for you! Ha

Some of their songs are at the very top of my all time list mind.

What are you favorites from the new one? I have to admit I've listened to a few. Call The Police is great, but the other ones haven't clicked for me in a big way yet, but as I said I haven't had the chance to sit down and listen all the way through. Most of their songs are better live anyway, so I'm defo there when they tour if they come to my humble city.

It's brilliant.

Sure I remember reading, though, that Johnny Marr thought Morrissey ruined his best guitar piece of music he had ever written in this song by having terrible lyrics.

'Send me the pillow, the one that you dream on'

Is one of my favourite lyrics from a Smiths' song.

Read the same thing. He thought it was silly and Morrissey half-assed the lyrics on that one. I enjoy it, and it's easily one of his best riffs.

Like clockwork I always come back to the Ramones, and lately have been obsessing again. In my mind this is the best live album/video ever. At the absolute top of their powers.

Most of their albums were largely forgettable after about 1981, save the odd great tune, but in 1977 they were the best band in the world. They were all absolutely mental too haha.

Take it Dee Dee!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back