WHAT DO YOU SAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
When a work colleague or someone you know well slags off our beloved Everton, how do you react and what do you say to get things off your chest?
I always defend our great name and at times can be quite bitter in the argument. We are Everton aren't we?

If they are local to me they are Saints or Bournemouth fans and are easy targets as they are gash. anyone supporting anyone else in a plazzie gloryhunter - and are easy targets

Honestly mate, left Liverpool in 95, 4 years in London, 15 in Bristol, loads of different jobs, been lucky enough to talk footy all over the world with fans of all kinds of clubs and aside from the odd RS never heard a word against us.

Kick em in the goolies first and show them that you mean buisness

Haha too right mate.

In all seriousness though, I usually just calmly disprove anything they say, as they're usually just peddling untrue crap that's fed to them by the media. They soon shut up.

When a work colleague or someone you know well slags off our beloved Everton, how do you react and what do you say to get things off your chest?
I always defend our great name and at times can be quite bitter in the argument. We are Everton aren't we?

It doesn't really happen to me - I live in London. One thing I've learnt from Davek, though, is to counter any "bitter" comments with stuff like "Stop bringing Heysel into it..." etc. It's a real doozie.

Obviously not happening that often , but if, most time it's easy. RS fans most of the time don't even know their own team. When talking to a self proclaimed Chelsea or City fan, I just ask for how long they support them. In 99% of all cases the answer sounds like: "Since that Russian or those Arabs took over." At which point I just shrug my shoulders.

Coming from Norway,surrounded by mostly red stuff, supporting Everton usually comes out quite nice.
Really can not remember anything particular stupid or irrational said to be honest. Most of my friends or coworkers
accept Everton as a genuinely no-nonsense hardworking club and history understood. And as of late they actually seem to have taken notice of the change in attitude,spiritwise, brought by our very own Mr.Martinez.
Mostly they are concerned with our prospect of success....
no worries, I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back