Where are we going to finish then eh?

What is our final position going to be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton is quality enough to push ahead of Spurs, but I don't see any of the top 4 dropping out without an implosion. Liverpool is fairly dependent on a Suarez and Sturridge, so injuries could swing the 4th spot, but otherwise, I think we've dropped too many points to the bottom half of the table.

Won't stop me from hoping though.

Did my forecast on the little fold up fixture list when we had 19 points and got us finishing on 64. Currently 3 ahead of where I thought but unfortunately I've got the last 6 spot on so it's not looking good for Saturday. Where would 64-67 get us? I think 7th

At the start of the season I said I'd be happy with 7th/8th, especially considering this is a season of transition. I think we can get 5th but - and I know this is an annoying age old argument - I'm not sure the Europa League would be ideal for us next season considering the amount of games and that Martinez is trying to build a squad. Having said that, if we get Europa League I'll be happy as it's extra matches to watch and it's a bit of money more exposure.

I reckon we can get 5th. 4th is still possible but probably a step too far.

7th, just see us fading away and United having a late run of results to finish above us. I just think the teams above us now have stronger squads, and if we have a number of injuries again that will end it for us.

Voted 4th as it's still possible and Roberto has shown us all that blind faith and unadulterated optimism is the new 'Everton way'

davidjames2.jpg

We really need Liverpool to get some crap results.

Swansea getting something on Sunday would be a good start wouldn't it?...

...to be fair, I don't think its so much us fading as our competitors gaining momentum at a critical stage. We're not so much losing it as others winning the race.

6th or 7th would be my bet.

We are 8 points off 4th place Liverpool
We are 5 points off 5th place Spurs
And we are 3 points ahead of United in 7th.

We do of course have that game in hand, which could make up some of that ground, however looking at our form and the form of the two above us you would have to say the form fancies them.

Last 5 games form

Liverpool - 11 points from a possible 15
Spurs - 10 points from a possible 15
Everton - 7 points from a possible 15
Man United - 5 points from a possible 15

The next few weeks could be crucial for us. Half expecting United to finish strongly too, as everyone else is I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back