Which Two Strikers...

Based on us finishing 5th, which two strikers do you see as the ideal realistic additions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueToff

Player Valuation: £90m
*mods please feel free to merge if needed

It looks like 4th is a long shot now unless Arsenal really mess up in the next few weeks.

As inconsistent as Lukaku has been this season, I think the negatives out way the positives in regards to signing him, for the right price (18-20m). He's young, has Premier league experience and is a proven goalscorer.

However, it's clear the workload of being the regular first choice striker game in-game out this season has taken it's toll. Obviously this is due to injuries to the back up strikers.

As good as he is, he isn't worth the 25m. that Chelsea may demand if they are to sell him to another Prem. team, and it will be a lot more unlikely if we are in the Europa not the Champions League.

Alternatively, Remy would be a great signing. Prime age for a striker (27), proven in the prem and an all round top player, although I can see him choosing the two North London clubs over us, based solely on wages and, in Arsenal's case, Champions League football as is looking likely after today. Questions about his character, but at £10-12 mil would probably be a better option than Rom would be at £20M+. Bony is, for me at least, a class player, and I don't think he'll be affected by 2nd season syndrome. However, Swansea would definitely want upwards of £20m. after the season he's had. Michu could be another possibility, although at 28 and after an injury hit season, it could be a big gamble. Michy Batshuayi has been one of the standout young players in Europe this season, and has an £8mil buy-out clause, while Drmic has been on fire in Germany and has a £5mil. clause. However, neither are proven at the top-level - and would be more suited to being the back-up striker. If we were to invest £20m. - would Remy and Batshuayi be more effective long-term than Lukaku and a loan (most likely Traore)?

It all depends on what happens in the next two weeks. 4th looks far-off now, but if a few results go our way it could all change.

lukaku didnt looked arsed today, thats the problem with loan players when push comes to shove they know they will move on in the summer and dont really care so much were we finish, duelofeu a prime example he was totally dire today, sooner he goes back to barca the better, sooner play garbutt wide midfield than this headless chicken

None of the above.

StevenNaismith.jpg

I voted Lukaku & Remy. Both class but different styles. But thinking about it I'd rather it was Lukaku & someone as good as Remy but who's about 21. We def do need 2 strikers though.

Remy and Bony, would be immense. I'd have us in with a shout of the league title with them as front options.

We are not guaranteed to finish 5th yet! Got a bad feeling we may need something from the Hull game to get a European place never mind top 5.
Regarding strikers, from the list I would go for Lukaku and Bony (money permitting!)

We are not guaranteed to finish 5th yet! Got a bad feeling we may need something from the Hull game to get a European place never mind top 5.
Regarding strikers, from the list I would go for Lukaku and Bony (money permitting!)

Yeh touch wood we get a result against City next week!

Hopefully, whoever it is, EFC "own" them. Lukaku's value will only increase over the next 5 years so could be a potential steal even at £20m, Remy not so much

I actually think the Javier Hernandez sweepstakes would be a good one to jump into.

Moyes did a fantastic job depressing his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.