Who is our best player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now Pickford, if he was fit DCL could be up there and Iwobi now (after some time) 'gets' Everton, he is loving the fan appreciation and knows now that if he puts in the effort he will be loved.
I see Tarky, Coady, Myko for definite becoming fan favourites and if he progresses and is as good as the jocks say then Patterson too. I am excited about Onana having followed some of his progress, Gueye could be a shrewd bit of business and there were no hard feelings in him going to PSG, we all know what he can do so again another faourite.
Gordon is coming on week by week but feel he could do with a run in the same position and having a striker to aim for helps his game. Again another that has potential to be one of our best players.
The future is definitely a lot brighter than it was 6 months ago. To conclude currently its Pickford England's #1

I struggle to say pickford because he is effectively two players. The pickford of last season who saved the club and made countless world class saves and was hugely consistent. Or the pickford who has started this season by throwing one in his net against Blackpool and then pounding one back to Sterling last sat which luckily he was offside.

If he is going through another spell like that then he suddenly becomes a liability and he has had spells like that on and off throughout his time at Everton.

Unfortunately , it's Mina - but he's never fit.
Other than that it's probably a close run thing between Tarkowski , Pickford and Mykolenko.

Tarkowski is in the frame. Onana may be our best player once that's sorted. At the moment, though, it is indeed the GK. Which is kind of sad.
What I really liked about Takowski was how he took Holgate in hand when he came on. He was telling him where to stand and what to do; when was the last time any of our defence took the lead like that?

If they play at their maximum output / potential then I'd probably say Dele Ali, no other player in our team has hit the levels that he did at Spurs.

We just need to see that form.

In his position, I'd say Pickford. The best footballer is Dele. Not saying he is our best player but I think he is the most skilful. Not sure if I can name our best player yet. I would have said Richarlison last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.