Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shortlist for the last manager shows how enticing we are.
It was hard work to come to a point Everton is completely toxic. Only a no hope like Lampard (knowing his carrier in coaching wont take far) will touch us. Moshiri will have to put a lot of money on the table to find somebody decent.

No managers, that are better than Frank Lampard would come to our club.

Sacking Lampard is idiotic.

Kenwright is the one that must be sacked. Anything else is just a distraction from the real problem.

Anyone already in a job we can count out. Nobody in their right mind comes here from another premier league team.

If we go for Rooney I give up. Has to be dyche …or moyes if he gets sacked.

Poch won't come here. Has to be someone (perhaps even short term) that can organize, stop the leaking of goals and get points on the board . Everton are a sieve.

The key here, and I know this is controversial, is making a hire based on more than avoiding relegation.

Whether we're up or down next season we are going to need to eventually start the process of playing better and there is no reason to not start that now. Hire someone with a track record of taking over a club and making the team better bit by bit. He'll have half a season to keep us up and he might do it, but if he doesn't that half a season will be valuable to carry over into the championship were we should expect to still be able to bounce back. And if it does keep us up it'll also be valuable in seeing that we don't start of next year like we did the last one.

I know Frank kept us up but the way he did it was always going to be problematic because you just can't play that way all the time. You have to have a real style, real tactics and a real way to play that isn't just bunkering and hoping for the best. The job is finding the guy who can start us on the journey toward that type of side like Brentford and Brighton have and others like Leeds and Palace are trying to. Maybe one day we can try to fight the rich clubs again but that isn't where we are right now and we need to look to those types of clubs for examples of what does and doesn't work.

Get Dyche in.
Not saying I want him in, but seems the most likely.
Although he may be able to make us more solid, his teams don’t score many…. Which is something we’re already struggling with.
Pros would be, he’s knows how to work on a tight budget, and has championship experience and got promoted from there.
Sad that it’s even come to that way of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back