Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back to the subject, I doubt that successful managers would want to take us on. So I expect we might go for another Big Sam type for a short-term solution to keep us up. Sorry Frank.

Wolves got Lopetegui even though they were in relegation trouble and Villa got Emery, then why couldnt we get Tuchel? All the top managers want to manage in the premier league now

Both Villa and Wolves have spent big money for their new managers, which was at least part of the reason they joined those clubs.

What manager is going to want to manage a team that desperately needs improvement but does not have the money or resources to be able to improve in this window?

At this point, even Dyche is also probably out of our reach.

I know but on that basis we would never sack Lampard because no right minded manager would consider us as his replacement ..if you don’t ask you dont get but I guess my question was more around whether we would think he has suitable potential
To be honest if Lampard goes I can see them drifting with a caretaker either Tait or Baines,or bringing Dunc back in?Dyche is probably the only experienced boss we may be able to attract.

Both Villa and Wolves have spent big money for their new managers, which was at least part of the reason they joined those clubs.

What manager is going to want to manage a team that desperately needs improvement but does not have the money or resources to be able to improve in this window?
Could it be that there was concerns about Lampard and that any budget we have will go to the new man?

I`ve heard through a space that there may be an approach for Nuno Espirito Santo, with Thelwell that might make sense, or someone putting 2 and 2 together, anyway just passing it on.

Could it be that there was concerns about Lampard and that any budget we have will go to the new man?

I`ve heard through a space that there may be an approach for Nuno Espirito Santo, with Thelwell that might make sense, or someone putting 2 and 2 together, anyway just passing it on.

The board are foolish but they are still smart enough to have sounded out some alternatives to Lampard if things continue down this path (how long they will allow them to continue is another question, I think)

I think we have our hands tied by FFP and the Premier League, especially in this window, with Usmanov gone. As a result, I think any manager will be working with a very limited budget.

To be honest if Lampard goes I can see them drifting with a caretaker either Tait or Baines,or bringing Dunc back in?Dyche is probably the only experienced boss we may be able to attract.
Yep I don’t think they have the luxury of a caretaker but given the circs Dyche would be my choice (he wouldnt have been a year or two ago but we find ourselves in this position) maybe Kompany is one to keep an eye on because at the rate we change managers we should also be thinking about the one after the next one like a coveyor belt system ?

None of this fannying about with Dyche or whoever. We need a top class manager to come in and give the players a boost and what they've been missing. A lot of this dross was here when Ancelotti was about and did fine. Go big and try to get Ange from Celtic, Tuchel, Poch, Bielsa etc. If we fail, we fail, but at least try.

English managers are junk. Gone are the days when you could bring in a Dyche or Allardyce to save the day they are not even good enough for that anymore. Potter is a championship level manger who had a few good seasons at Brighton, Eddie Howe is the only decent English manager but the jury is still out on him even as he hasnt won anything and has a relegation on his cv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back