Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Moyes losing next week would keep Lampard in the job. And him winning would keep himself in the job. Hard to imagine both going at the same time. Unless it's tomorrow. Let's hope
My guess is they may be willing to hold out for a few weeks if it means they can get Moyes (I doubt 1 result either way does much for either manager's long term future with their current club). It's also possible talks may be happening in the background for Moyes but WH wont be doing anything until their match against a fellow relegation rival is out the way.

As an American who has watched MLS and DC United for years, please God- not Rooney. The club need to get away from ex-players with little to no managerial experience. Recipe for disaster, even with a new manager bump (if one emerges).

My guess is they may be willing to hold out for a few weeks if it means they can get Moyes (I doubt 1 result either way does much for either manager's long term future with their current club). It's also possible talks may be happening in the background for Moyes but WH wont be doing anything until their match against a fellow relegation rival is out the way.
Which they'll win, then their next PL game is after the window closes and we'll need to get someone in before then. I want it to happen but can't see the timing being right now unless it's some drab 0-0 where both sides look awful

Which they'll win, then their next PL game is after the window closes and we'll need to get someone in before then. I want it to happen but can't see the timing being right now unless it's some drab 0-0 where both sides look awful
Well in theory it shouldn't matter who the manager is in relation to the transfer window - thats why we have a DOF, it should be his job to identify the players and make the signings. And in terms of the table, the bottom 7 are separated by only 2 points so I think the board/Moshiri will feel they don't need to rush on a manager just yet; hence they can hold out for Moyes if thats who they want.

This is what th dof kt should be settinng up style players ect.

Who comes in and fixes this short term i just dont see it, id love if we can
The other option is quietly get relegated.

We need to make a change as it's pretty much our last roll of the dice.
Good chance a manager is isn't a novice could get a bit more out of this team, might end up being enough.

How many of these even answer the phone to Everton?
And therein is the simple question so easily overlooked by all those saying "get Poch", "get Tuchel", "get Sam back".

Rudderless club, circling relegation, angry fan base, no money to spend, crap squad, power-hungry chairman, and an absentee owner who sacks managers every year. Pretty sure I'd let my phone go to voicemail too, if there were any better options on the horizon.

The managerial choice will be interesting. Do they just hire one of the unemployed former EPL managers that are viewed as short term relegation preventers or do they try to find a guy that has long term potential and hope he can pull it together quickly and avoid relegation?

How would we all perceive a David Moyes return? I personally think a new manager will be between Dyche or Moyes.

I fully understand and appreciate that it looks like Kenwright is just giving another job to one of his own and someone who values him.

However, I believe Moyes is getable/close to being sacked. It pains me to say this, but I believe our manager selection has to be someone who remains at the club and also provides the club after this season the provides us the ability to bounce straight back into the Premier League if we are relegated. Names like Poch and Tuchel are never going to manager in the Championship and I highly doubt they’ll come. I understand Dyche has had Burnley promoted twice but the expectations on Burnley and Everton will be very different.

Dyche obviously is the kind of manager who avoids relegation by conceding minimal goals, holding out for draws and doing that over the course over a season has worked for him. However, we find ourselves needing 25 points in 19 games to assure safety and I really question whether Dyche is someone who could do that.

How would we all perceive a David Moyes return? I personally think a new manager will be between Dyche or Moyes.

I fully understand and appreciate that it looks like Kenwright is just giving another job to one of his own and someone who values him.

However, I believe Moyes is getable/close to being sacked. It pains me to say this, but I believe our manager selection has to be someone who remains at the club and also provides the club after this season the provides us the ability to bounce straight back into the Premier League if we are relegated. Names like Poch and Tuchel are never going to manager in the Championship and I highly doubt they’ll come. I understand Dyche has had Burnley promoted twice but the expectations on Burnley and Everton will be very different.

Dyche obviously is the kind of manager who avoids relegation by conceding minimal goals, holding out for draws and doing that over the course over a season has worked for him. However, we find ourselves needing 25 points in 19 games to assure safety and I really question whether Dyche is someone who could do that.
I think he will only leave West Ham if sacked, not an approach. I can see West Ham sticking with him which i think is wise, he has given them great nights in Europe and even if they go down he would be the ideal man to get them back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back